[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The Hockey Thread • Page 9 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

The Hockey Thread

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: The Hockey Thread

Postby John Galt » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

trade the whole team
burn down the x
f**k, send them to texas like the last time
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 am

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:39 am

I'm in MSP often Galt. Take me to a game? Wheat-free beers and hot dogs with no buns are on me!

I'm more fun in person.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 am

sure, you'd just have to tell me when. my gf is probably happy to give up her seat, since i just get angrier and angrier at the games these days. i only have a 4th of the games though, so i may or may not have tickets for any given game

we were down 0-1 within the first two minutes of the game (for the THIRTY EIGHTH TIME THIS SEASON so no surprise)
then we were up 3-1 by the end of the first
and tied 3-3 at the end of the second...

you see where this is going. we lost to the flyers, 5-4. this was on tuesday. i'm going tomorrow night as well. yay? f**k it's awful

but i did see a large woman down below me (i have upper level, but front row, and i actually like it better up there tbh) being taken away in a restraining chair. apparently she punched an attendant? and then got f**k tased? and then they had like 6 cops to try and haul her fat ass out of there? i only noticed the end of the commotion and everyone clapping at them taking her away

and a 10 year old ginger behind me with a screechy voice was annoying that game. he did know all the players though. he was yelling at each of them, but there was one hilarious part where he yelled "show me that D"
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 am

The Blackhawk-Senator game was nuts. Haven't seen such high scores in forever.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm

https://streamable.com/i9s94

the SO is the worst thing ever and for a guy to stop in front of the goal and score or hit pads and score and if this keeps us out of the playoffs... f**k bettman

the above video is of two games two days apart that ended in loss for the wild and a win for the predators, showing the same player winning in a shootout with pretty much the same "move". i say "move" because it requires forward movement of which it is barely detectable

if we are to have a shootout because for some reason 10 min of 3v3 isn't good enough (that ends in a tie where both teams get the same points if neither score), they should have a defender start at opposing redline who tries to defend the breakaway. teams shouldn't get penalty shots, they should at least attempt to play the game like it is hockey. i'd rather have ties than shootouts. you don't end games of basketball with slam dunk or 3 point contests to break a tie, you don't have a home run derby for ties in baseball. shootouts are the worst, and to lose twice in shootout two games in a row to the same team to the same guy, uggg. it's the worst
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 pm

100% agreed. Shootouts belong in Mighty Ducks, and that's it.

These users thanked the author exploited for the post:
John Galt
exploited
Vice President

Previous

Return to The Lounge