NFL 2017-2018

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby John Galt » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 am

! John Galt wrote:
ATTENTION

this topic has been split. If you can't find your post, look in the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6245
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Philly » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Well, the Cowboys won. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Slurs are all now 2-1. But the Eagles are 2-0 in the division, so we are still first place. Suck it, NAB. Enjoy your empty victory non-division-leader.
Philly
Governor

Postby Saz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

I'm really getting sick of the NFL, think I'm going to boycott it.

This is entirely because of Kaep and Trump and has nothing to do with the bucs losing, Tom Brady playing well, losing in all my fantasy leagues, the obnoxious time zone issues or finding out it wasn't Caleb Sturgis hitting the game winner from 61.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby NAB » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 am

Philly wrote:Well, the Cowboys won. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Slurs are all now 2-1. But the Eagles are 2-0 in the division, so we are still first place. Suck it, NAB. Enjoy your empty victory non-division-leader.

It's a long season, don't start counting your eagle's eggs after game 3.

The smell of success clears one's head.

Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Philly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:42 pm

NAB wrote:
Philly wrote:Well, the Cowboys won. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Slurs are all now 2-1. But the Eagles are 2-0 in the division, so we are still first place. Suck it, NAB. Enjoy your empty victory non-division-leader.

It's a long season, don't start counting your eagle's eggs after game 3.

The smell of success clears one's head.

Let's keep these facts in mind:

*The Giants season is essentially over already.

*The Slurs already lost to the Eagles and their flukey win over Oakland will just make it all the funnier when they somehow turn out to be even worse than the Giants.

*I could talk about how the Cowboys still have lots of talent, but don't look at strong as last year, but I don't have to because it's a moot point. You're not allowed to win the NFC East two years in a row. It's in the Constitution.

So, the Eagles may or may not have an impressive season, but the division championship is ours either way!
Philly
Governor

Postby John Galt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
Philly
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Philly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 pm

John Galt wrote:https://streamable.com/bshd6

Carson Wentz is such a square. I really like his natural ability and instinct for the game. With some work ethic - which he has in droves - he'll be able to do everything you need a franchise QB to do soon enough.

But that said, I'm still struggling to adjust to rooting for a big goofy ginger. It's easier than rooting for that giraffe Nick Foles, mind you, but the three big Eagles QBs of my childhood and early adulthood were Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb*, and Michael Vick. It's still a bit odd to have a square white dude under center and he's not just the backup or a one year bandaid.

*Note: I am well aware that Donovan McNabb is in fact the biggest cornball of them all, but I was able to self-induce psychological denial at the time, since the Eagles were having a great run of deep playoff journeys and I needed to focus on the good things.
Philly
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Brutal hit to the head on Adams tonight. Travathan better get a huge fine and suspended. Adams' mouthpiece came flying out after he was already down when he was hit... possibly a tooth, or part of the mouthpiece separately? i can't tell. i thought the NFL would be ejecting players for this shit now; the play was already over, his forward progress was stopped, and now possibly his career is over. apparently this is the first crown of helmet call in 4 years. i think max suspension is 5 games? he deserves all of it

Video from : youtube.com
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:24 am

i will state... i actually enjoy Tony Romo's commentary. i can't stand troy aikmen and chris collinsworth and basically every other commentator but Romo has been good. i don't normally watch AFC games but with pack playing bengals last week and the thursday game this week Romo has been there for both and he's been good

also lol

(there was a fumble by the bear's qb that went off of his knee... he had a couple fumbles... and a couple INTs...)
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

culter giving a "huh n 10%" in wildcat formation, bottom left

John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge