GoT

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: GoT

Postby Saz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:01 pm

John Galt wrote:
Saz wrote:just saw the latest episode. WHOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!! GOAT episode

by latest do you mean the one that aired on HBO last sunday, or the one that aired yesterday in HBO in Spain that you can stream.

because i just watched that one

ESPANA VAMOS!!!!!

Arya def knows and sansa is being a dumb bitch but we will see how this plays out.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 pm

John Galt wrote:
Kane wrote:
John Galt wrote:LF is not long for this world; i don't think he will see jon again. also rhaegar is the TPTWP not jon

but what vision do you refer to

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Red_Woman

"At the Wall
At the Wall, the mutineers have left Jon's body where he fell. Ghost is scratching at the door in grief and howling, which gets the attention of several people, including Ser Davos, who leaves his room to investigate. Davos finds Jon's dead body just before Edd and some other brothers arrive. They take the body inside where Edd clears a table and angrily curses Thorne after closing Jon's eyes. Davos asks if Edd trusts any of his brothers, and Edd replies, "The ones in this room." Davos convinces Edd to go bring Ghost in, deciding that they need all the help they can get. Melisandre arrives, stating she saw Jon fighting in Winterfell in the flames. Davos and the black brothers doubt the now dead Lord Commander could do such a thing and she returns to her room."

You think Arya is on to LF?

oh... from the show. jon already fought at winterfell man. battle o' bastards.

no i think arya is a psychopath and wouldn't think that she is being played. i think sansa is, on the other hand, on to LF and his machinations

It appears LF is trying to create a wedge between Arya and Sansa. That letter was the one that Sansa was forced to write while at Kings Landing.

Wait, I'm not replying to someone who's is watching ahead of me via hacked episodes am I?
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Saz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:49 pm

"Forced"
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 am

NAB wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Kane wrote:
John Galt wrote:LF is not long for this world; i don't think he will see jon again. also rhaegar is the TPTWP not jon

"At the Wall
At the Wall, the mutineers have left Jon's body where he fell. Ghost is scratching at the door in grief and howling, which gets the attention of several people, including Ser Davos, who leaves his room to investigate. Davos finds Jon's dead body just before Edd and some other brothers arrive. They take the body inside where Edd clears a table and angrily curses Thorne after closing Jon's eyes. Davos asks if Edd trusts any of his brothers, and Edd replies, "The ones in this room." Davos convinces Edd to go bring Ghost in, deciding that they need all the help they can get. Melisandre arrives, stating she saw Jon fighting in Winterfell in the flames. Davos and the black brothers doubt the now dead Lord Commander could do such a thing and she returns to her room."

no i think arya is a psychopath and wouldn't think that she is being played. i think sansa is, on the other hand, on to LF and his machinations

It appears LF is trying to create a wedge between Arya and Sansa. That letter was the one that Sansa was forced to write while at Kings Landing.

Wait, I'm not replying to someone who's is watching ahead of me via hacked episodes am I?

At the time of writing I had not watched it

Also it wasn't hacked. Some genius at HBO Spain pressed the play button 5 data early and it went out to all customers there
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 am

About the upcoming episode. Just fan service. I didn't think it was very good for lots of reasons
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:27 pm

John Galt wrote:
Kane wrote:

"At the Wall

Hmm, maybe I'm not reading what she says correctly. Is she stating that she saw Jon, in the flames she creates, fighting in Winterfell? Or is she claiming to have seen Jon fighting amongst flames in winterfell?
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Kane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:02 pm

I liked the finale.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 pm

it was awful

the great manipulator, the man who created the entire war of the five kings, tried to troll a 15 and a 17 year old, because he wants to f**k one of them, and ends up dead because he didn't see it coming. it wasn't an interesting story line. it wasn't tragic. i mean... am i watching saved by the bell
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 pm

I predict errybody dies next season.
Kane
Governor

Postby exploited » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

John Galt wrote:it was awful

the great manipulator, the man who created the entire war of the five kings, tried to troll a 15 and a 17 year old, because he wants to f**k one of them, and ends up dead because he didn't see it coming. it wasn't an interesting story line. it wasn't tragic. i mean... am i watching saved by the bell

I kind of liked the fact that it was so mundane. Another great man brought down by his dick. Highly plausible.

I don't like how they deus ex machina'd the Wall. An ice dragon should freeze stuff, so it managing to punch a massive hole through an ice wall by freezing it was kind of stupid I thought. I guess it just freezes it so much that it shatters? I have no idea.

Plus, why throw away a good losing wall battle and chaotic retreat scene? Gives you alot more to work with then what we know is coming next, which they spelled out as blatantly as possible.

Overall, the episode was fun to watch, but I've lost any hope that it will have even a slightly coherent storyline or rhythm next season. I mean this season was hilariously bad writing but I'll still watch it for some sense of conclusion.
exploited
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge