Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (2)

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (2)

Postby reedak » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 am

Narrator: Suddenly, a mosquito flew out of the priest's pocket and settled on his arm. As the owl tried to attack the mosquito, the priest warded off its attack with the other arm, shouting: "Leave her alone! She is my valuable ally!"

Owl: No kidding! Your so-called valuable ally is feeding on your blood!

Priest: She is the queen of the mosquitoes that are found in a huge forest between my land and the old man's mountainous region. The mosquitoes carry a deadly disease. If the old man and his allies advance through the forest to attack my clan, they would come under the merciless attack of the mosquitoes. Hence, the huge mosquito-infested forest serves as an effective buffer zone between the two regions.

Owl: Don't the mosquitoes attack you and your people in the forest too? Don't they fly to your land to attack your clan?

Priest (taking an empty bottle from his pocket): This is why I carry the mosquito queen with me in this open bottle. Because of my alliance with her, she has ordered her species not to attack my people when they travel through the forest. For the same reason, the mosquitoes will never fly to my land to attack my clan.

Owl: Then why is she drinking your blood?

Priest: Well, it is a small price for the precious asset of traditional friendship. I have to feed her with my blood at least once a day.

Owl: Aren't you afraid of getting the deadly disease from her bites?

Priest: As she feeds only on my clean blood, she won't be carrying any disease.

Owl: You'd better get rid of the Frankenstein of your making before your blood runs dry! Her body is swelling and turning red with your blood.

Priest: Oh! No! That would mean the loss of the buffer zone between the two rival clans.

Narrator: Suddenly the insect let out a strange buzzing sound, and the priest began to dance.

Owl: Why are you prancing around like a crazy horse?

Priest: After filling her stomach, she needs entertainment. She demands me to dance to her tune.

Owl (shaking its head and mumbling to itself): As the Cantonese Chinese saying goes, "There is no remedy for a fool."

************************* The End *************************
reedak
Council Member

Political Leaning: Objectivist

Re: Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (2)

Postby Philly » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 am

Hello reedak. Care to explain this allegory? I have a feeling that almost anyone could interpret this to fit their own ideology, so I'd like to know what you had in mind.
Philly
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm

No remedy for a fool. Maybe it means you can't fix stupid. Not even with duct tape? :-??
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby reedak » Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Philly wrote:Hello reedak. Care to explain this allegory? I have a feeling that almost anyone could interpret this to fit their own ideology, so I'd like to know what you had in mind.

Thank you for your interest in my allegory. The wonderful thing about an allegory is that it can be interpreted in various ways according to the readers' viewpoints. Here the mosquito refers to a protectorate and belligerent ally of its supposedly powerful but foolish neighbouring country.

Here I take the opportunity to praise Western political forums for their freedom of expression and speech. Readers won't be able to find my political satires published in media and political forums of certain totalitarian countries as propaganda experts there would be observant and alert enough to spot the intended hidden meanings of my fairy tales.
reedak
Council Member

Postby reedak » Mon May 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Philly wrote:Hello reedak. Care to explain this allegory? I have a feeling that almost anyone could interpret this to fit their own ideology, so I'd like to know what you had in mind.

After seeing your cute cartoon dancing dogs, I finally decide to go straight to the point. It is better to let the dog dance to the master than the master dancing to the dog. China's appeasement to North Korea is likened to the priest dancing to the tune of the mosquito in my satire.

If Trump chances upon this fairy tale of mine, it would ring a bell with him. He has tweeted more than once that North Korea shows "great disrespect" for China by firing missiles. Let's look at the following two tweets of Trump:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

North Korea has shown great disrespect for their neighbor, China, by shooting off yet another ballistic missile...but China is trying hard!
8:18 PM - 29 May 2017

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 61456.html

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
North Korea disrespected the wishes of China & its highly respected President when it launched, though unsuccessfully, a missile today. Bad!
7:26 AM - 29 Apr 2017

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol- ... story.html
reedak
Council Member

Return to The Lounge