mass effect: no man's sky

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby John Galt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm

from what i've read the storyline is boring and predictable

"interesting choices":

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm

It's a space opera, so there are lots of common themes. It is no more predictable than any other game in the series. Kind of cheesy, with some legitimately good moments thrown in here and there. Like did you even play the original series? Because I hate to break it to you, but there was really nothing particularly unique about the story... Ever. Pretty standard sci-fi fare.

Funny you should post that, because in that same plotline, as noted, you choose whether or not to let your AI kill you in order to escape a particular situation. This has several ramifications later on, and is also clearly a moment that will be carried over and impact ME:A2.

My favourite so far has been deciding whether or not to give a particular piece of tech to the Krogan. If you do, you're friends and a rift is healed. If you don't, the Krogan will not help you in the future, and you continue the separation of races seen in the Milky Way.

Let's be real here: you jumped on the hype train because you're in the cancerous tumor, and now you're feeling disappointed because it didn't meet your wholly unrealistic expectations. Sad.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Spider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Maybe it'll be on sale for 10 bucks or something next year.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby exploited » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:42 pm

It will be, because the market for art is so saturated. Creative works in music, TV, video games, digital media in general have no value anymore. A guy like Galt will get mad about spending $60 on a game that he plays for 30 hours and decides he doesn't like, like all the reviewers of ME:A.

The same thing can be seen in Netflix fans. They spend like $9.99/month for unlimited TV and get mad at the selection, lol.

It is truly sickening how people behave about media these days.
exploited
Vice President

Previous

Return to The Lounge