mass effect: no man's sky

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby NAB » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:23 am

exploited wrote:They swam in caves, danced alot, drank alot, slept alot, visited some ruins, one of the married girls made out with some hot Mexican bartender, my wife and her best friend sent me three revealing photos of them on the beach which was great. They did the Coco Bongo's thing, which was wild, saw a Michael Jackson impersonator, sailed on a pirate ship, drove ATVs, etc.

Pretty generic Mexican resort trip but they had a blast hanging with all the girls.


Yucatan peninsula region? I'm guessing because of the cave swimming thing, which, I assume, are cenotes. Thousands in the peninsula, especially near Merida.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7390
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 1046 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 am

They went to Cancun actually. Not sure where the cave swimming was but it was the longest excursion they went on. They left at like 7:30 AM and got back at 10:30 PM or so.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20732
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby NAB » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

exploited wrote:They went to Cancun actually. Not sure where the cave swimming was but it was the longest excursion they went on. They left at like 7:30 AM and got back at 10:30 PM or so.


I assumed Cancun, which is on the Yucatan peninsula. I've been to multiple cities there (some for work actually) and became fascinated with the amount of cenotes and how many may be connected. Like a natural plumbing system beneath the whole peninsula, and the native Yucatans believe they came from said cenotes (mythology wise).

I'm sure you wife had fun at Vegas South™, that's why it's there.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7390
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 1046 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 am

NAB wrote:
exploited wrote:They went to Cancun actually. Not sure where the cave swimming was but it was the longest excursion they went on. They left at like 7:30 AM and got back at 10:30 PM or so.


I assumed Cancun, which is on the Yucatan peninsula. I've been to multiple cities there (some for work actually) and became fascinated with the amount of cenotes and how they many be connected. Like a natural plumbing system beneath the whole peninsula, and the native Yucatans believe they came from said cenotes.

I'm sure you wife had fun at Vegas South™, that's why it's there.


Ah, gotcha. I will be going in a couple years on a family trip - any recommendations?
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20732
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby NAB » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 am

exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:
exploited wrote:They went to Cancun actually. Not sure where the cave swimming was but it was the longest excursion they went on. They left at like 7:30 AM and got back at 10:30 PM or so.


I assumed Cancun, which is on the Yucatan peninsula. I've been to multiple cities there (some for work actually) and became fascinated with the amount of cenotes and how they many be connected. Like a natural plumbing system beneath the whole peninsula, and the native Yucatans believe they came from said cenotes.

I'm sure you wife had fun at Vegas South™, that's why it's there.


Ah, gotcha. I will be going in a couple years on a family trip - any recommendations?


If you're doing the vacation thing, I'd suggest trying to go farther south down past Tulum. There are some amazing isolated resorts down there that aren't anything like Cancun (also some interesting history to see down there). If the family isn't that adventurous, I'd always suggest Cozumel over Cancun, personally. Even Playa del Carmen as well. The beaches and water are nearly on par with Hawaii imho, so there's a reason why that part of Mexico is so popular.
Welcome to our speak board web page

These users thanked the author NAB for the post:
exploited
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7390
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 1046 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Bumping this to upgrade my score to 8/10. I'm much further in than before and it is a solid entry into the Mass Effect world. Lots of important choices to be made in the game, lots of interesting moral dilemmas and now that they've patched many of the facial animations, it looks alot more natural. I've been enjoying the shit out of this game, with the exception of a few planet hopping missions that are too tedious to be enjoyed.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20732
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby John Galt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm

ITT exploited continues to attempt to justify preordering his early access beta; bioware announced a series of patches to improve the game, after launch. grats, you're playing an incomplete game. but okay, you get to play it now: who doesn't love to eat raw pizza?? mmmm

btw, afaik they didn't change the animations, they changes the graphics. the eye shading was changed, so they look less like synths

Image
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 1229 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:57 pm

:))

Galt can't stand disagreement with the tumour-ridden hivemind.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20732
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby John Galt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:05 pm

you know what, it's great if they fix it. you get to have your early access, and i can play a game when it is done. i didn't play any mass effect until well after the 3rd one was done with its release cycle, i am more than willing to wait for a completed game. but the only way to get that is to complain

ubisoft released a game "for honor", a medievalist fighting game, of which they have done no support on. the players set up a strike, where no one would play the game (which has microtransactions and crap like that in it). that is how the developer finally responded to them, after months of silence. today if you go over to forHonor's reddit they are are masturbating to the game because ubisoft patched it and fixed (many? most? i don't know) their concerns
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 1229 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: mass effect: no man's sky

Postby exploited » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:13 pm

John Galt wrote:you know what, it's great if they fix it. you get to have your early access, and i can play a game when it is done. i didn't play any mass effect until well after the 3rd one was done with its release cycle, i am more than willing to wait for a completed game. but the only way to get that is to complain

ubisoft released a game "for honor", a medievalist fighting game, of which they have done no support on. the players set up a strike, where no one would play the game (which has microtransactions and crap like that in it). that is how the developer finally responded to them, after months of silence. today if you go over to forHonor's reddit they are are masturbating to the game because ubisoft patched it and fixed (many? most? i don't know) their concerns


It was already a really decent game at launch, well, if you weren't constantly circle-jerking with the rest of the cancer cells. Truly hilarious to play this game this much, and then go read some of the negative reviews. What are these people on? 80% of the complaints are both downright retarded AND false. There are tons of great voice actors. There are tons of interesting choices to make. There are a bunch of really compelling side quests and storylines. The only valid complaint I've read is about the animations, which are honestly kind of funny and easily ignored if you aren't severely autistic.

But please, tell us more about how you know what's best for other consumers :))
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20732
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2144 times
Been thanked: 1680 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests