West Texas

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: West Texas

Postby NAB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:05 am

John Galt wrote:i don't think you quite get it. it was like someone dumped about a half of ton of trash in the road. "well that's dallas" i thought as i drove for another 120 miles to escape

Yes, this is an everyday occurrence in Dallas Galt, you've sold me. Clearly, some trash truck didn't lose it's load and then you happened along, because it's always that way.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 am

NAB wrote:
John Galt wrote:i don't think you quite get it. it was like someone dumped about a half of ton of trash in the road. "well that's dallas" i thought as i drove for another 120 miles to escape

Yes, this is an everyday occurrence in Dallas Galt, you've sold me. Clearly, some trash truck didn't lose it's load and then you happened along, because it's always that way.

Leave Galt be. He now thinks all Canadians are racist because he encountered some hicks in the middle of nowhere who cracked jokes about black people. And he went on a fascinating fifteen minute rant about how weird our McDonalds are. Learn to cherish these interactions.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:22 am

it seems just apropos for my experience. the highways are absolutely maddening there, and the idea of a raised highways on top of highways is the type of disturbing dystopian future that i hope we avoid but dallas is the place embracing it. it probably didn't help that my room at the lincoln center hilton overlooked said dystpoia. torchy's tacos was good though; they seem to be expanding fast. hopefully i'll get one up here within a decade
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am

exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:

Leave Galt be. He now thinks all Canadians are racist because he encountered some hicks in the middle of nowhere who cracked jokes about black people. And he went on a fascinating fifteen minute rant about how weird our McDonalds are. Learn to cherish these interactions.

I expect it here at PCF, so I know what's coming if I start any thread involving Texas. Besides, I had to pull a couple of used diapers off the front grill of my car this morning, so he's got a point.

These users thanked the author NAB for the post:
John Galt
NAB
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am

NAB wrote:
exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:

I expect it here at PCF, so I know what's coming if I start any thread involving Texas. Besides, I had to pull a couple of used diapers off the front grill of my car this morning, so he's got a point.

Where are the pictures of your trip, by the way?

I was being serious when I said that this thread is super f**k lame without pictures. Without those, it is just a bunch of words that describe places and give the viewer nothing to really understand. Up your game old man.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Philly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:26 am

NAB doesn't want to post the pictures because he's in every one of them, wearing a 10 gallon hat, shouting "YEEEEEHAW!!!" and firing pistols wildly into the air.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author Philly for the post (total 2):
John Galtexploited
Philly
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

Philly wrote:NAB doesn't want to post the pictures because he's in every one of them, wearing a 10 gallon hat, shouting "YEEEEEHAW!!!" and firing pistols wildly into the air.

This bit finally paid off :))
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:

the most racist people i have ever met have been canadians; this is a fact. and your mcdonalds are f**k ridiculous; this is another fact. our mcdonalds don't have american flags on the arches. we don't name the burgers after states. it's just being different for the sake of being different. it's obnoxious when people do it, and it's like the credo of canadians so they don't get confused with americans. it ends up being uncanny valley, and disturbing.
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

John Galt wrote:it seems just apropos for my experience. the highways are absolutely maddening there, and the idea of a raised highways on top of highways is the type of disturbing dystopian future that i hope we avoid but dallas is the place embracing it. it probably didn't help that my room at the lincoln center hilton overlooked said dystpoia. torchy's tacos was good though; they seem to be expanding fast. hopefully i'll get one up here within a decade

You stayed at 635/Tollroad which is a massive highway interchange. I'm surprised you even noticed the highways.

Btw, they recently opened an express tollroad beneath 635 in that area that is the greatest highway ever. I use it whenever I need to get to/from DFW airport and I can travel up to 100 mph on it depending on the time of day. 20 minutes to the airport is a blessing that's worth paying the toll, and it's like having our own autobahn.

Just a reminder, I'm a professionally trained architect/planner who understands the issues that massive highways can have on cities, and it's a real blight on Dallas (actually, not just Dallas). There is serious discussion about tearing down a major artery around the downtown area to redirect traffic at grade and improve pedestrian connections which has got a lot of support. Road engineers are f**k morons who have no conception of what make cities successful for it's users (re: pedestrians), so blame them and city politicians who get their pockets filled. The city is finally pushing back with the recent opened Klyde Warren park which reconnected downtown with uptown by building a park over the previously called "canyon" of Woodall Rodgers freeway. You probably didn't visit it even though I'm sure I mentioned it to you. You might have had a different takeaway of Dallas had you not kept yourself ensconced in the area to stayed (which is highway-riffic).
NAB
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am

John Galt wrote:
exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:

the most racist people i have ever met have been canadians; this is a fact. and your mcdonalds are f**k ridiculous; this is another fact. our mcdonalds don't have american flags on the arches. we don't name the burgers after states. it's just being different for the sake of being different. it's obnoxious when people do it, and it's like the credo of canadians so they don't get confused with americans. it ends up being uncanny valley, and disturbing.

No, you just fly American flags above McDonald flags in prominent positions beside the arch. See below:

The difference is that Canadians have better design sensibilities. Case in point:

Good looking stuff!

As for the other point:

http://mcdburgershowdown.com/

You have been wrong consistently for days and days now Galt. What is going on?
exploited
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge