eBay really is pretty crappy

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

eBay really is pretty crappy

Postby dontworrybehappy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:24 pm

I usually have no issues on ebay, but man when I do, it's horrible.

I ordered some LED lights for my parents. After a week I noticed that I never received any shipping info. I send a message to the seller, and almost immediately it shows as shipped, and an estimated delivery date a week later but never any tracking number. During that time, I checked their feedback. They had 3 positive feedbacks and 16 negatives in the previous 30 days!!! You can't tell that when you order it, all you see is their positive feedback number. The phone app doesn't show all the other stuff. So I call ebay and tell them about this guy and how bad he is and they say I have to wait until AFTER the estimated arrival date before I can file a case. So I wait yet another week, and then file the case. Then it says wait another week to give the seller a chance to respond. I send the message that he didn't ship my item and I want my money back. His reply is "thank you." I wait 3 days and tell him that he's a fraud and refund my money immediately. His reply "I'm glad you are enjoying your item." I finally send him a message cursing him out and telling him that ebay lets me know his address and I'll go find his ass and make sure he doesn't rip anyone else off. He finally replied "oh that's a threat, I'll have law enforcement at your door shortly" and I replied that you took my money, they'll turn around and go to your house first." And I still can't do anything, I have to wait until tomorrow before they'll even decide what to do. Meanwhile, I had to spend MORE money and order the LED's from someone else while waiting for all of this to happen. Now he's up to 3 positives and 24 negatives in the previous 30 days. It's now been over 3 weeks, I don't have my money or my lights and I have been cursed out by someone for demanding my money back.

I mean the guys negative feedbacks all say "very rude, doesn't ship item, etc etc" He tells people to f**K off in their negative feedback replies. He's awful, why isn't he shut down? Basically he takes people's money and when they say they want it back he tells them "f**k off." Why does ebay keep these people????
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: eBay really is pretty crappy

Postby dontworrybehappy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Do NOT do any business with infotech_inc.
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Postby IndependentProfessor » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:06 am

I find that Amazon is typically better for this stuff. If it's used, ebay will work. But, for new stuff, Amazon.

Recently ordered a water filter for my fridge. Everyone's prices were around $20 per unit, with 1-2 at $15-17 per piece. I found one listing that was $37, but it said "1-of-3" or some similar thing. When I got the package, it was 1 filter - not the 3 I was expecting.

I used Amazon's return service and got a refund the next day.
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Spider » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Amazon is pretty great for used stuff, too.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby dontworrybehappy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:06 am

I find it interesting. I was told by Ebay I had to wait until Nov 21 to get my refund, yet within 2 hours of posting my horrible Ebay experience on no fewer than 3 different web boards, I got my refund a day early which has never happened. I posted this at like 130pm, by 330 I had my refund.
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Return to The Lounge