[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Olympics • Page 15 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Olympics

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Olympics

Postby John Galt » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

1. the police were the security gaurds at the gas station
2. the security gaurds/police pulled guns and demanded money for "damages"
3. the "damages" were, at most, one piece of broken plastic on a frame that i can buy at micheals for 10 dollars.
4. brazil is poor and 10 dollars hanging by a nail at a gas station would have been taken so i think it's worth less than that
5. the police demanded hundreds of dollars from lochte and gang to pay for the "damages"
6. the police then arrested and harassed them after they dared speak out about their shakedown, and then proceeded to steal 11K out of one chump
7. the police have continued this charade, releasing half of the videos while the other half mysteriously disappear so they can concoct their story to damn lochte
8. spider eats this shit up because he hates jocks
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:26 pm

He says, ranting illogically about a conspiracy theory on the grounds of...what? Lockte is an American so you feel like you have to defend him right or wrong? I guess?

Why would I hate jocks? I played basketball and tennis in high school, though I didn't particularly enjoy it. I guess I was one sorta, though the school frankly wasn't large enough for cliques to actually mean anything. Seriously asking. Because I've got nothing but admiration for Olympic athletes, generally speaking. I've expressed such repeatedly in this very thread.

Or are you beaten down to point of base trolling? Hard to tell.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:18 am

i don't like lochte. but i also don't like the viciousness that people like you have put on him for telling the truth that he was robbed at gunpoint. yes, he was drunk, and yes, he was still drunk when he initially made the claim to a reporter who stopped him to talk to him. it's the over the top smug bullshit about how he's a disgrace and a liar... he embellished while he was drunk and doubled down on it because he had a hazy memory because he was drunk. then you have the audacity to say if he hadn't been drinking, none of this would have happened!!! but the thing that happened were they were victims of a crime. they were relieved of hundreds of dollars from the police/security guards over a damaged plastic sign. right? do you deny it? do you think that's appropriate to take a hundred times+ the value of something from someone by gunpoint, yelling at them in another language, in order to "pay for damages"? the police should be in jail
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 pm

I think you're getting a bit excited here.

I didn't say or even imply any "viciousness" on Lochte's part. So not sure what that's all about.

As to the rest of the account, honestly I don't know why we should give him any credit at all because "Bro! I was so wasted!" He lied through his teeth, in front of official witnesses, then signed his name to it. And yes. I think going on a drunken tear and generally making an ass of oneself as a representative of the US, in a foreign country, is something that maybe, just maybe, a decent adult would have figured out how to avoid getting f**k up with, especially considering he's already got years of international competition experience...to say nothing of other members of the US delegation who were over a decade his junior along with him. Basically, his word is worth less than nothing. Anything he says can be presumed to be additional lies.

Lochte, as I said, is an embarrassment. You act as though he's a victim, but he's not. You even compare his drunken debauchery to a rape. Which is actually pretty f**k offensive.

So I don't know what to tell you.

You have been spitting vitriol over the Rio games basically since they were announced. I've been having a laugh about it as well, but as usual all the doom the media talks over the games has proven to be overblown. Even the sewage water didn't seem to have seriously wiped anyone out.

Honestly, I feel like there's more to this than a swimmer. Was the US supposed to get these games or something? Did you get your ass kicked in high school by a Brazilian exchange student? What's the deal?
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 am

more to it? i don't think third world countries should host international events is all. i have never met any brazillians in my life. plus schadenfreude

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:40 am

Brazillians exist Galt. I've known many, they just have no interest in visiting Siberia.
NAB
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:52 am

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 pm

NAB
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:51 pm

I must still have a part of a heart because I feel so bad for that handicapped torch holder.
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby NAB » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:00 pm

NAB
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge