[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Zelda Breath of the Wild • Page 3 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Zelda Breath of the Wild

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:16 pm

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 am

this is almost out. march 3rd. it's gonna be great, i have confidence that this will MNGA

i missed the few hour window to get the special or master editions. well i could have got the special but i thought "they'll have it up soon, the master edition". i was so wrong.

but i preordered it, along with the switch. i'll let you all know about how that goes.

but then today something rocked my world. i saw that zelda is getting dlc and an expansion pass. the world has indeed gone entirely mad

as for the dlc itself, im not sure what to think about it. i do like adding on to existing games, but, i mean, it's zelda
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Spider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Coincidentally, I recently discovered Cemu. So I've been (shamelessly...because f**k them for their gimmicky, overpriced consoles and their treatment of the fans/youtubers, etc) playing through some WiiU stuff.

Got to hand it to Nintendo. They make utter shit for hardware this century, but the games are still highly polished and excellent. We'll see how Zelda runs on this thing.

And yeah...DLC is generally horseshit...but this is Nintendo. It doubly sucks for them to slip to the dark side, for some reason.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:14 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

I'd be a little more patient with the price if the included grip thingy recharged the joycons[?]. Also if the SoC were Pascal instead of the old Maxwell stuff. Yeah, Zelda definitely looks to be sticking to 30 FPS to me. Maybe it's locked at 30. But still...running a far draw distance open world RPG on a handheld is a feat, even if it's low framerate. But by "this thing" I mean the emulator. I'm running Mario Kart 8 and 3D world above 60 no problem, though there are some visual artifacts and stuttering from time to time. I'm still hitting 60 most of the time when I output to 4K, even. Its not perfect, but its possible I'll get better performance on Zelda in emulation than I would on the native hardware. Which is sad, but whatever.

All the bitching aside, I'm really looking forward to the game.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:51 pm

big month for games.

it starts off with zelda, which has never let me down so don't you dare start now nintendo. quick on the heels is nier:automata, which looks interesting but i'm gonna let other people play it and tell me about it before i try. and then at the end of the month comes mass effect, which i'm kinda bracing for a massive letdown. i mean, not like no man's sky, but just "yeah the game was okay" kind of a letdown
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Yeah, I like Mass Effect. Best scifi universe in a game, probably. Cool aliens, cool characters. Which is why its so frustrating that they're just flying off in a new direction at random...
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:14 pm

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby fstarcstar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Looking forward to Ghost Recon Wildlands, Halo Wars 2 and the Nintendo Switch. Sigh...
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Spider » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 pm

I just want Star Citizen. Sometime before I can buy an actual ticket to space would be nice.
Spider
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge