NFL 2015-2016

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: NFL 2015-2016

Postby micfranklin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Philly2 wrote:lol jets. But are they even gonna be worse with Fitzpatrick?

I guess he's slightly a better option but not by much. I actually thought Bryce Petty was gonna start but according to other people speaking for the team he isn't even close to being ready.
Asteroid Mike (my Youtube movie reviews channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq4Gi ... ArjRrvauvw

My blog (also movie reviews)
http://asteroidmike.blogspot.com/
micfranklin
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby Philly » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm

micfranklin wrote:

I guess he's slightly a better option but not by much. I actually thought Bryce Petty was gonna start but according to other people speaking for the team he isn't even close to being ready.

Yeah Petty is a project. But it'll be interesting if Fitzpatrick plays well in the first few weeks. I could easily imagine the fanbase screaming for him to keep the starting job.
Philly
Governor

Postby eynon81 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 pm

micfranklin wrote:SO Geno Smith won't start the season because he got in a fight and his now former teammate broke his jaw.

no wonder Decker is depressed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gen ... ostpopular
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby NAB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Philly2 wrote:
micfranklin wrote:

Yeah Petty is a project. But it'll be interesting if Fitzpatrick plays well in the first few weeks. I could easily imagine the fanbase screaming for him to keep the starting job.

How many times is Fitzpatrick going to take over a starting job? How many teams has he done this with now? 4 off the top of my head.

If I were a starting QB, the last person I'd want as a backup is Ryan. He's like the Madden curse.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Philly » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 pm

NAB wrote:
Philly2 wrote:
micfranklin wrote:

How many times is Fitzpatrick going to take over a starting job? How many teams has he done this with now? 4 off the top of my head.

If I were a starting QB, the last person I'd want as a backup is Ryan. He's like the Madden curse.

Yeah, it's a really bizarre career. The Jets are the 6th team he's played for in his career. At 5 out of his 6 teams, he was a backup until the starter got hurt. The only team that ever brought him in to be the starter was the Texans. The Texans eventually demoted him and made him the backup, but the new starter quickly got injured and he came back in.
Philly
Governor

Postby NAB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Philly2 wrote:
NAB wrote:
Philly2 wrote:
micfranklin wrote:

Yeah, it's a really bizarre career. The Jets are the 6th team he's played for in his career. At 5 out of his 6 teams, he was a backup until the starter got hurt. The only team that ever brought him in to be the starter was the Texans. The Texans eventually demoted him and made him the backup, but the new starter quickly got injured and he came back in.

I totally forgot he was brought in as a starter for the Texans, because I remember him being the backup who got the starting job. :))

He should have been a relief pitcher.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Philly » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Or join the Eagles. I'm pretty sure McNabb was the last QB we've had play a full season, and he rarely did that either.
Philly
Governor

Postby Saz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Philly2 wrote:Or join the Eagles. I'm pretty sure McNabb was the last QB we've had play a full season, and he rarely did that either.

Beats having Geno Smith...

Ha, beats.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:38 pm

"It was never my intention to harm anyone." - IK Enemkpali
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Philly2 wrote:Teddy Bridgewater looking like a solid smart qb. Coming off his rookie year Vikings fans should feel real good about him.

yeah the guy i sit near at work is telling me superbowl. such a homer, so i just point to the picture i have of the packers with the superbowl trophy i have hanging up just to taunt him

the new stadium cost more by a third of the cost to go to pluto, a place that has the same amount of superbowl wins

yeah bridgewater looks good, sure, but he failed against good teams and the pre-pre-season game the vikes won, the steelers played 8th stringers. last season they beat the falcons (6-10), bucks (2-14), readskins (4-12), panthers (7-8-1), jets (4-12), and bears once out of two attempts (5-11). the panthers made the playoffs but had a losing record because the NFC south was so awful. in fact, every win by the vikings was against a team lower ranked than them. bridgewater lost to the saints, to the bills, to the dolphins, the bears once, the lions twice, and my pack twice. vikings will place the same as they did last year in the NFC north: 3rd
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge