NHL playoffs

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: NHL playoffs

Postby exploited » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 am

IMO, it is likely going to be the best series of the playoffs. I think the Caps are gonna run over everyone else.
exploited
Vice President

Postby ToddStarnes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:32 am

Holtby worries me. He hasn't looked confident once these playoffs.

Pens - even depleted - are dangerous. Probably the best top 6 in the NHL. Not as deep up front as Toronto though so if we can get the match ups we want defensively we can win. I don't want to see Crosby or malkin on the ice with Orpik once.

Even with murray letang and Co out, Pittsburgh is a juggernaut and has had the Caps number for years. I'm nervous.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:43 am

Lol caps. That was terrible. Holtby is garbage. Leafs will win cup before the Caps. Nashville might too.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Thu May 11, 2017 10:14 pm

While I don't like the ducks, that game on Friday was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen. Ducks were down 0-3 with 3:25 left... They won in double OT. Then last night they won game 7

I'm rooting for the senators, but Nashville is looking good too. f**k the ducks, and totally meh on Pittsburgh.

Charles Barkley said on TNT that he was glad he could watch the NHL in the back because it was better than nba playoffs. He then went on NHL Network and said it is the best thing in sports. I agree, especially playoff hockey. Nothing like it

Not really that sorry the Caps lost lol. No offense Dylan it's just ovechkin is a God among mortals so I have to root for the mortals
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri May 12, 2017 8:19 am

Ovechkin is probably the 4th best player on the Capitals.

Backstrom, Holtby and Oshie all have more of an effect on the outcome of the average caps game than ovechkin. He's not the player he once was sadly.

The Caps need to be dismantled and begun again. This core has proven they cannot take their game to the next level. Time to trade everyone, including OV (obviously with some retained cap).
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to The Lounge