Declining of the US global power

The place for general political discussion.

Declining of the US global power

Postby xdangerousxdavex » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:07 pm

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/june/15/dangers-of-a-declining-global-power/

The reasons why the United States is no more a leader everyone knows perfectly. But Washington doesn’t want to accept this truth and tries to save its role of world policeman. NATO Navy joint exercises in Black Sea, as long as military presence in South China Sea may result dire consequences. And it’s unknown how long the rest of the world will tolerate these provocative actions from the US before they decide to act accordingly.
xdangerousxdavex
Mayor

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Re: Declining of the US global power

Postby eynon81 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:48 pm

xdangerousxdavex wrote:as long as military presence in South China Sea may result dire consequences. And it’s unknown how long the rest of the world will tolerate these provocative actions from the US before they decide to act accordingly.

in terms of global power the US (or at least the guys who run the US) probably want those dire consequences to take place. US relative power has taken a bump recently with the EU falling apart and most of east Asia becoming increasingly hostile to China. The chaos in the Mideast and the North American energy bomb also insure the safety of the petroleum dollar for the time being.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby jimmyz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Pfffft We're not #1 in many things. No biggie. I'm secure in what it feels like to be an American and what America affords me and mine in life-style and opportunity. Do I fly on a Chinese airplane? Drive a car designed and built in China? Watch Chinese produced films, or sports or read their literature? I frankly don't know what China has brought to the table since they invented gun powder. They basically are a 3D printer country making things others had imagined and invented through theft mostly. A brain like the Chinese one affords me great sleep and no worry. Ain't afraid of the yellow man lurking in the weeds.
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby eynon81 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:52 pm

jimmyz wrote:Pfffft We're not #1 in many things. No biggie. I'm secure in what it feels like to be an American and what America affords me and mine in life-style and opportunity. Do I fly on a Chinese airplane? Drive a car designed and built in China? Watch Chinese produced films, or sports or read their literature? I frankly don't know what China has brought to the table since they invented gun powder. They basically are a 3D printer country making things others had imagined and invented through theft mostly. A brain like the Chinese one affords me great sleep and no worry. Ain't afraid of the yellow man lurking in the weeds.

you shouldn't be. China is in no position to get very expansionist any time soon, they are having a hard enough time keeping their current shit all together.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Postby battleax86 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:48 pm

xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/june/15/dangers-of-a-declining-global-power/

The reasons why the United States is no more a leader everyone knows perfectly. But Washington doesn’t want to accept this truth and tries to save its role of world policeman. NATO Navy joint exercises in Black Sea, as long as military presence in South China Sea may result dire consequences. And it’s unknown how long the rest of the world will tolerate these provocative actions from the US before they decide to act accordingly.

You act like "the rest of the world" consists of Russia and China. Note how many more countries are participating in these "provocative actions from the US"...basically, all of Russia's and China's immediate neighbors because they all know that those are the real threats to their national security, not the US.
battleax86
Mayor

Postby xdangerousxdavex » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:02 am

battleax86 wrote:
xdangerousxdavex wrote:http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/june/15/dangers-of-a-declining-global-power/

You act like "the rest of the world" consists of Russia and China. Note how many more countries are participating in these "provocative actions from the US"...basically, all of Russia's and China's immediate neighbors because they all know that those are the real threats to their national security, not the US.

I haven't seen any evidence of Russian or Chinese threat to some country's national security, haven't seen any non-American sources that accuse Russia and China of imperialistic policy. Oh, of course you'll remember Ukraine conflict if you're brainwashed by American pro-government media.
xdangerousxdavex
Mayor

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Postby battleax86 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 am

xdangerousxdavex wrote:
battleax86 wrote:

I haven't seen any evidence of Russian or Chinese threat to some country's national security, haven't seen any non-American sources that accuse Russia and China of imperialistic policy. Oh, of course you'll remember Ukraine conflict if you're brainwashed by American pro-government media.

Yeah...you must not get out much. Ask the countries of Southeast Asia how they feel about Chinese maritime policy or the countries of eastern Europe how they feel about the whole Ukraine situation. They don't need "American pro-government media" to end up firmly on the US side.
battleax86
Mayor

Postby John Galt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 am

humorously Ron Paul himself is for cutting military spending. he likes a strongly defensible america, but i don't see how being a global power is for defense. it's for offense

the economist itself has a piece about this but it's centered on america losing it's technological edge http://www.economist.com/blogs/economis ... explains-9
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby eynon81 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:29 am

John Galt wrote:humorously Ron Paul himself is for cutting military spending. he likes a strongly defensible america, but i don't see how being a global power is for defense. it's for offense

the economist itself has a piece about this but it's centered on america losing it's technological edge http://www.economist.com/blogs/economis ... explains-9

pfff...no. the Russians are still developing MBT platforms.

meanwhile we're busy turning the coast guard into one of the most powerful navies (top 15) on earth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Cutter

because reasons....
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 pm

That's what happens when the leadership is full of crooks and corruption.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Next

Return to General Discussion