Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

The place for general political discussion.

Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby PamelaJ » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 am

Eurozone countries are formulating plans to boot Greece out of the single currency, as expectations grow that Athens may default on its debts next month.
A memo put together by the Finnish Finance Ministry, a close Berlin ally, talks of “very difficult political decisions” as the currency bloc braces itself for Greece’s cash flow to ossify, according to The Times.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/article4406467.ece

Is it a final countdown for EU, not for Greece?

Image
PamelaJ
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Political Leaning: Conservative

Re: Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:01 am

what is it with europeans and that song

and i'm not entirely sure i'd call it giving them the boot as that implies they want to stay

while it would open the door for so much, the greeks do have a legit case about a lot of money that zee germans owe them. zee germans forced them to give them loans at 0% interest when they were occupied, loans that weren't repaid, loans that add up to billions and billions even with no interest. on the otherhand, the rest of euorpe seemed to make it okay without reparations. greece has claimed reparations for generations now, and while they got some, the allies determined the number and greece says it's not enough. still, i don't think it ever will be enough, i think the greeks would squander it like someone who won the lottery
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11726
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 1216 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby eynon81 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am

John Galt wrote:what is it with europeans and that song

and i'm not entirely sure i'd call it giving them the boot as that implies they want to stay

while it would open the door for so much, the greeks do have a legit case about a lot of money that zee germans owe them. zee germans forced them to give them loans at 0% interest when they were occupied, loans that weren't repaid, loans that add up to billions and billions even with no interest. on the otherhand, the rest of euorpe seemed to make it okay without reparations. greece has claimed reparations for generations now, and while they got some, the allies determined the number and greece says it's not enough. still, i don't think it ever will be enough, i think the greeks would squander it like someone who won the lottery



Greece got hit particularly hard because when the rest of the Europe started rebuilding they were having a civil war.
User avatar
eynon81
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 19475
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am
Location: Golden, Colorado
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3875 times
Been thanked: 1821 times
Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Re: Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 am

eynon81 wrote:
John Galt wrote:what is it with europeans and that song

and i'm not entirely sure i'd call it giving them the boot as that implies they want to stay

while it would open the door for so much, the greeks do have a legit case about a lot of money that zee germans owe them. zee germans forced them to give them loans at 0% interest when they were occupied, loans that weren't repaid, loans that add up to billions and billions even with no interest. on the otherhand, the rest of euorpe seemed to make it okay without reparations. greece has claimed reparations for generations now, and while they got some, the allies determined the number and greece says it's not enough. still, i don't think it ever will be enough, i think the greeks would squander it like someone who won the lottery



Greece got hit particularly hard because when the rest of the Europe started rebuilding they were having a civil war.


so, delayed a couple years. and it's not like the US didn't prop them up. money we didn't get back, by the way greece. no we're not asking. but sometimes i feel like they just complain about what they are owed and conveniently forget all that they were given. 400 million in 1947 was no joke
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
User avatar
John Galt
Technical Admin
 
Posts: 11726
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Bowling Green Massacre Survivor
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 1216 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby BurntOffering » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:04 am

Final countdown for EU? Too pessimistic, EU head countries will just ignore every charge against them and that will be right.
BurntOffering
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Secret EU Plans: Kicking Greece out

Postby Achilles » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:38 am

John Galt wrote:
eynon81 wrote:
John Galt wrote:what is it with europeans and that song

and i'm not entirely sure i'd call it giving them the boot as that implies they want to stay

while it would open the door for so much, the greeks do have a legit case about a lot of money that zee germans owe them. zee germans forced them to give them loans at 0% interest when they were occupied, loans that weren't repaid, loans that add up to billions and billions even with no interest. on the otherhand, the rest of euorpe seemed to make it okay without reparations. greece has claimed reparations for generations now, and while they got some, the allies determined the number and greece says it's not enough. still, i don't think it ever will be enough, i think the greeks would squander it like someone who won the lottery



Greece got hit particularly hard because when the rest of the Europe started rebuilding they were having a civil war.


so, delayed a couple years. and it's not like the US didn't prop them up. money we didn't get back, by the way greece. no we're not asking. but sometimes i feel like they just complain about what they are owed and conveniently forget all that they were given. 400 million in 1947 was no joke


Well you get to use Suda base in Crete for free...
Achilles
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:12 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Political Leaning: Conservative


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Philly and 3 guests