lmao check out this Rumsfeld email

The place for general political discussion.

Re: lmao check out this Rumsfeld email

Postby Dylan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:45 am

Just do "solve the Pakistan problem" bro.
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:48 am

Saz wrote:
April 7, 2003 11:46 AM

TO: Doug Feith
SUBJECT: Issues w/Various Countries

We need more coercive diplomacy with respect to Syria and Libya, and we need it fast. If they mess up Iraq, it will delay bringing our troops home.

We also need to solve the Pakistan problem.

And Korea doesn’t seem to be going well.

Are you coming up with proposals for me to send around? Thanks.

http://library.rumsfeld.com/doclib/sp/1 ... ntries.pdf

Will that be all sir? There are so many things hilariously sad about this email I don't know where to start. I can't believe this guy sent around 20,000+ memos like this while he was in the administration.

Any ideas on how to unscrew the clusterphuck.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Saz » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Dylan wrote:Galt, never forget he was the key foreign policy "wonk" for the administration you think history will view favorably.

CNN wrote:There is for example a report that a few months before the invasion, President Bush met with three Iraqi exiles and appeared unaware that Iraq contained within it Sunnis and Shias. An Arab leader confirmed to me that in his meetings with the president, it was clear that Bush did not understand that there was a difference between the two sects.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com ... =allsearch

I perhaps do see Galt's point though. I'm actually pretty impressed things went as well as they did considering the complete ignorance and incompetence of just about everyone at the top.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Saz » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Dylan wrote:Just do "solve the Pakistan problem" bro.

So they knew Bin Laden was in Pakistan all along? #Illuminati

Also, did anyone follow up on that Korea thing? Because I think they tested their first nuclear weapon like 3 years after this memo. It's amazing they only ruined the economy and didn't cause WW3 or something.
"Got a whole squad of killas ready to pull the trigger, we strapped, lil azn N***a! @KimJongBOOM" - President Donald Trump on North Korea (August 11, 2017)
Saz
Governor

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Dylan wrote:Galt, never forget he was the key foreign policy "wonk" for the administration you think history will view favorably.

i dind't say favorably, i said not as bad as you think

i mean they aren't as incompetent as say, kennedy, whose incomeptance and lack of fortitude almost obliterated the eastern seaboard. worst president of 20th century, he's buchannan levels of awful. but he's a darling to many in the media for various reasons so he's viewed favorably now, but once those people die off the truth will be known

back to the memo,o it's possible that Rummy hated Feith and was trolling the shit out of him hoping he'd quit

General Tommy Franks, who led both the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan and the Iraq War, once called Feith "the dumbest f**k guy on the planet."

i would say that Rummy would troll people. he seems the type. it makes this email even funnier. quick, fieth, get this shit done for me, asap
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Dylan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Saz wrote:

CNN wrote:There is for example a report that a few months before the invasion, President Bush met with three Iraqi exiles and appeared unaware that Iraq contained within it Sunnis and Shias. An Arab leader confirmed to me that in his meetings with the president, it was clear that Bush did not understand that there was a difference between the two sects.

I perhaps do see Galt's point though. I'm actually pretty impressed things went as well as they did considering the complete ignorance and incompetence of just about everyone at the top.

I remember that report.

How did these people ever end up at the top? My god.
Dylan
Vice President

Postby NAB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:53 pm

John Galt wrote:

i dind't say favorably, i said not as bad as you think

i mean they aren't as incompetent as say, kennedy, whose incomeptance and lack of fortitude almost obliterated the eastern seaboard. worst president of 20th century, he's buchannan levels of awful. but he's a darling to many in the media for various reasons so he's viewed favorably now, but once those people die off the truth will be known

back to the memo,o it's possible that Rummy hated Feith and was trolling the shit out of him hoping he'd quit

General Tommy Franks, who led both the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan and the Iraq War, once called Feith "the dumbest f**k guy on the planet."

i would say that Rummy would troll people. he seems the type. it makes this email even funnier. quick, fieth, get this shit done for me, asap

Trolling at this level of government leads to invasions.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby NAB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Dylan wrote:
Saz wrote:

I remember that report.

How did these people ever end up at the top? My god.

I remember reading the excellent book Assassins Gate by George Packard years ago, and the level of incompetence between the military, state department, and the Iraqi Provisional Authority was mind boggling in the followup to the invasion. There was no plan, no coordination, no anything. The higher ups within the Bush Admin were the primary culprits.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Dylan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Rumsfeld Cheney and bush should all be executed for war crimes. And for being painfully dumb.
Dylan
Vice President

Previous

Return to General Discussion