Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby The Dharma Bum » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby Philly » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Is this just recommended reading or is there somewhere in particular you'd like to take the conversation?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9331
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 944 times
Been thanked: 1096 times

Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby The Dharma Bum » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:25 pm

We are witnessing the end of passive capital and the rise of knowledge capital, which explains the premium value placed on certain categories of information and suppression of other types of information. The transition won't be easy, I think.

All of those links represent information about the devices of maintaining the prominence of passive capital.

The point is to try and understand the big picture.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby Jean Dubois » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:10 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:We are witnessing the end of passive capital and the rise of knowledge capital, which explains the premium value placed on certain categories of information and suppression of other types of information. The transition won't be easy, I think.

All of those links represent information about the devices of maintaining the prominence of passive capital.

The point is to try and understand the big picture.


That's always been the point. Mankind has been struggling with this concept for all of recorded history. Usually two steps forward and one step back, sometimes a complete failure and reset, but always struggling forward.

Any transition(s) seen here are merely wrinkles in the tapestry.
User avatar
Jean Dubois
Citizen
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:50 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 am

Jean Dubois wrote:
The Dharma Bum wrote:We are witnessing the end of passive capital and the rise of knowledge capital, which explains the premium value placed on certain categories of information and suppression of other types of information. The transition won't be easy, I think.

All of those links represent information about the devices of maintaining the prominence of passive capital.

The point is to try and understand the big picture.


That's always been the point. Mankind has been struggling with this concept for all of recorded history. Usually two steps forward and one step back, sometimes a complete failure and reset, but always struggling forward.

Any transition(s) seen here are merely wrinkles in the tapestry.

Just pointing out that we aren't anywhere near being finished yet. We aren't at the end of history, as many like to think, we are at the beginning.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist


Re: Geopolitics, as explained by wikipedia

Postby Jean Dubois » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:50 am

The Dharma Bum wrote:Just pointing out that we aren't anywhere near being finished yet. We aren't at the end of history, as many like to think, we are at the beginning.


Agreed here. People have been predicting the end of the world for centuries. One day it might come, but I don't see us doing it to ourselves anytime soon.
User avatar
Jean Dubois
Citizen
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:50 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests