Syrian Civil War: Assad Gains Ground

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Syrian Civil War: Assad Gains Ground

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 pm

eynon81 wrote:we must build a new person....a better person.

or maybe become a mature civilization instead of a petty, self-indulgent child-civilization

The only thing that you'd be in favor of within that set of parameters in a more contemporary setting would likely be direct democracy. That's simply not feasible or desired

I'm going to have to stop you right there.

The heart of the issue that supporters of the status quo are not in favor of democracy or equality. That character deficiency informs our foreign policy and is indeed the noxious element in our society that must be purged. The concept of the Noble Lie is a lie. A self-justification.

Waxing and waning about current issues are fine and dandy but until realistic plans are laid out that take current factors into account, factors which he believes to be responsible for the inefficiencies within our distributive model as a species, nothing more can be said or done. He has simply point at man and said "he is greedy." Well no shit.

The point that you are missing is that no one can possibly design a realistic plan unless they have a realistic world view. Greed is only the beginning of the issues that cloud the accuracy of the US perspective. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

The answer to one's problems lies within, especially in the face of adversity.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby eynon81 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:42 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:or maybe become a mature civilization instead of a petty, self-indulgent child-civilization

so....be more like Japan.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Kane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:
The only thing that you'd be in favor of within that set of parameters in a more contemporary setting would likely be direct democracy. That's simply not feasible or desired

I'm going to have to stop you right there.

The heart of the issue that supporters of the status quo are not in favor of democracy or equality. That character deficiency informs our foreign policy and is indeed the noxious element in our society that must be purged. The concept of the Noble Lie is a lie. A self-justification.

*examines support for Iraq War in 2003
*examines CA prop for gay marriage
*examines CA prop 13
*examines multiple CA props of stupidity

Again, you're attacking me with an extreme definition of democracy/equality. You're acting as if there's none to be had right now. I can guarantee you that in some form or another, a majority of the population differs with that view. The status quo, as it has become, is not supported by me. But the tenets of this nation(A federal republic, representation, democratic elements imbued within) live on despite our contemporary situation. That means it's open to change without blithely parroting the "status quo" ad infintium to sound important. To revert back to stability, growth, and prosperity we don't have to throw the baby out with the bath water. But you are hell bent on arguing that point and finding any evidence whatsoever to support that point, no matter how unrealistic or theoretical it sounds.

The Dharma Bum wrote:
Waxing and waning about current issues are fine and dandy but until realistic plans are laid out that take current factors into account, factors which he believes to be responsible for the inefficiencies within our distributive model as a species, nothing more can be said or done. He has simply point at man and said "he is greedy." Well no shit.

The point that you are missing is that no one can possibly design a realistic plan unless they have a realistic world view. Greed is only the beginning of the issues that cloud the accuracy of the US perspective. The tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

The answer to one's problems lies within, especially in the face of adversity.

Lay out what all those adjectives mean to me. Stop talking to me like a philosopher of the past and start talking to me like a policy maker of the future.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Previous

Return to General Discussion