[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
How will you avoid Romney's Iran War Draft • Alternative/Conspiracy Theories • Political Crossfire Forums

How will you avoid Romney's Iran War Draft

How will you avoid Romney's Iran War Draft

Postby Sazari » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Me? I'm gonna cop an MBA and get that educational deferment \:D/
**== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **==
Sazari
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Re: How will you avoid Romney's Iran War Draft

Postby Zeugma » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Zeugma
Mayor

Political Leaning: Progressive

Postby Winchester » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm too old to draft.

Seriously my dad missed the Vietnam draft because of education deferment, then marriage deferment, then dependent (me) deferment. All of those were gotten rid of shortly afterwards. Those younger than him including his brother were f**k.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Bill_in_Bethlehem » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

no way there will be a draft, even if romney wins.

but drinking and having sex all day sounds like a good alternative to fighting a personal war of choice of some shapeshifting neocon chickenhawk
Bill_in_Bethlehem
Congressman

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby PoS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 am

It takes months to train soldiers to even an adequate level of readiness so even if there was a draft (which I doubt will happen), a hypothetical war with Iran would be over- unless you plan to occupy the country.

PoS
Governor

Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Postby Enoch » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:54 am

Where do you get the notion that Romney will 1) go to war with Iran, and 2) institute a draft to do so?

But, in the odd chance that you are right....First, they are unlikely to take me due to my age. Though I'm still in the legal "eligible" zone for the draft, since I'm under age 45 (I think that's the cutoff, but I may be wrong), I'm old enough that the younger guys would be taken first. Second, educational deferment while I finish up my doctorate. Third, even if those two didn't pay off, I'd file as a conscientious objector. I am not going to submit myself to fight a politician's war. The notion that the military "fights to protect our rights" is ludicrous. Not since WWII has there been a war in which the US was actively threatened and our lives as American citizens in danger. Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia (though not a "war" per se), Gulf War, Iraq, Afghanistan...all of those were merely wars to further the political ambitions of American politicians and to honor treaties entered in to by American politicians. If a foreign power invades American soil, I'll pick up a gun and defend my home and property, but nothing further. I'll pick up a gun to defend my own life, my property, and the lives of my family. Until that point, no politician and no war is going to get me in a uniform (no matter the cause, the politics behind it, the Commander-in-Chief, or the location).
Enoch
Mayor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby OGPhilly » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 am

Maybe ride it out in Europe or something.
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby Boris Johnson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 am

Boris Johnson
Governor

Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Postby OGPhilly » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 am

OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby Precocity » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am

While the purpose of The Pulpit is to allow members to start topics without a supporting article/link, it also is not a dump site for conspiracy theories. There isn't one shred of proof that Romney will institute a draft so, therefore, I'm locking this thread and moving it where it belongs.
Precocity
Site Admin

Return to Alternative/Conspiracy Theories