15yrs ago....

15yrs ago....

Postby Gremlin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 am

A jumbo jet buried itself into the ground...

...another turned to vapor...

...and a steel framed building suffered a cataclysmic office fire on a few floors.

Prepare for todays dry hump as the NFL opens the season. **==
Image twitter @xgremlin
Gremlin
Senator

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Re: 15yrs ago....

Postby Saz » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 am

Mod edit. That kind of suggestion is not something that is tolerated here. Cool your jets. -u
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:23 pm

15 years ago, people with terrible critical thinking skills doubled down and showed how misinformed they were when it came to science, mathematics, and knowledge of how buildings are constructed. They continually spewed their animated gifs, moronic youtube vids, and hyperbolic posts for a decade until, eventually, their opinions became as inconsequential as they were when it first started.

It's an inspiring tale of how critical reasoning and real knowledge/experience battled an army of blog and YouTube educated masses and won.

Never Forget.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby exploited » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:33 pm

NAB wrote:15 years ago, people with terrible critical thinking skills doubled down and showed how misinformed they were when it came to science, mathematics, and knowledge of how buildings are constructed. They continually spewed their animated gifs, moronic youtube vids, and hyperbolic posts for a decade until, eventually, their opinions became as inconsequential as they were when it first started.

It's an inspiring tale of how critical reasoning and real knowledge/experience battled an army of blog and YouTube educated masses and won.

Never Forget.

I got linked to this PDF by a truther not long ago. Relevant article is near the bottom.

http://www.europhysicsnews.org/articles ... 6-47-4.pdf

Thoughts?
exploited
Vice President

Postby NAB » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:14 pm

exploited wrote:
NAB wrote:15 years ago, people with terrible critical thinking skills doubled down and showed how misinformed they were when it came to science, mathematics, and knowledge of how buildings are constructed. They continually spewed their animated gifs, moronic youtube vids, and hyperbolic posts for a decade until, eventually, their opinions became as inconsequential as they were when it first started.

Never Forget.

I got linked to this PDF by a truther not long ago. Relevant article is near the bottom.

http://www.europhysicsnews.org/articles ... 6-47-4.pdf

Thoughts?

I had a difficult time getting past who the authors were and how often they cite their own sources. It's a lot of the same parsing and cherry picking that's been going on for over a decade. but they must have "credentialed" their way into that publication. Kind of embarrassing that they weren't vetted more thoughly by that publication, but at least they put a disclaimer noting it was speculation.

Not to appeal to authority or anything, but none of those authors has much credibility in the building design industry. One of them represents A/E 911 Truth which is one of the most disingenuous orgs that purposefully overstates its membership and their relative "expertise" within the architectural or engineering professions. To put it bluntly, they are full of shit and have a collection of people who embarrass their profession. Not to mention they aren't doing it for free.

It's not surprising that no respected engineer or architect worth their salt has come out on this, because it's bullshit, and has always been bullshit. People who actually know how to put a super high rise together don't suck the teat of this nonsense.

https://www.quora.com/What-do-structura ... win-Towers
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby IndependentProfessor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:02 am

I once countered the iconic "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" with an observation that "how come I can put a 1/4" thick steel bar into my household oven for 10 minutes, then bend it in half with a handheld hammer?"
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Philly » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 am

IndependentProfessor wrote:I once countered the iconic "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" with an observation that "how come I can put a 1/4" thick steel bar into my household oven for 10 minutes, then bend it in half with a handheld hammer?"

Video from : youtube.com

These users thanked the author Philly for the post:
IndependentProfessor
Philly
Governor

Postby IndependentProfessor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:12 am

Philly wrote:
IndependentProfessor wrote:I once countered the iconic "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" with an observation that "how come I can put a 1/4" thick steel bar into my household oven for 10 minutes, then bend it in half with a handheld hammer?"

Video from : youtube.com

OMG - why didn't THAT quote make bumper stickers?!! I'd have plastered my car with them.

Your argument is invalid. Get over. Find a job.
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Return to Alternative/Conspiracy Theories