Participatory theory

Re: Participatory theory

Postby The Dharma Bum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:07 pm

that totally explains why binaural noise while meditating has such a beneficial effect

I listen to this one with temple bells while meditating thats awesome, also I sleep with an 8 hour one

spider turned me on to it with his 40 hertz tone post

try it
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby The Dharma Bum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Professor wrote:
exploited wrote:For every possible configuration of a quantum wavelength, there exists another universe that is the same in all respects but for that one single difference. So for all practical purposes, there are an infinite amount of universes, one for every collapse that has ever taken place in the history of everything. So there is a universe where you own a Ferrari, where you don't, where the Ferrari is blue, or red, or magneta, with a dent in the roof, without a dent, with a stain on the seat, without a stain, and each universe supports a worldpath that logically links these characteristics with events in the past. For the Ferrari to have a stain on the seat, for instance, requires that somebody spill something on it, which requires a trip to McDonalds (or whatever), which in turn has it's own world histories.

What consciousness does is collapse wavelengths, and what we call our lives is actually our consciousness integrating the creation of whole new universes simply by observing the physical state of the world we are in right now. Past and present isn't "time," it is literally a physical journey. As we go about helplessly collapsing wavelengths, we are creating a set of universes, which are brain is capable of spanning - those universes which are alike have similar worldpaths, they are "closer" to us, which is how we can make reasonable predictions about what is and isn't possible. It all results in "laws" that we typically call the "laws of nature." This is why even though there is a universe for literally every conceivable or even inconceivable reality, our consciousness is only capable of experiencing certain ones - the limitations or boundaries of that experience coincide perfectly with the laws of physics.

So, for instance, there is a universe out there where there is a block of ice sitting, unperturbed, in the middle of a star, and in which Professor exists. But in order for that to be true, for that block of ice to exist, we know that other things would have to exist - somebody to observe the block of ice, a world in which heat doesn't melt ice, a world in which we have the technology to do something like that - in other words, we are blocked from that sort of absurdity by the nature of our consciousness, which filters out possibilities which do not abide by what is possible. This filtering is innate to the human brain, and is also why you wouldn't be able to switch your consciousness to a world in which you had a Ferrari - what else would have to happen to make that true, and how different would it be from your current worldpath?

That's actually pretty interesting. Frankly, I wanted to make a snarky comment . . . but I can't. Kudos!!

Now, I'm wondering . . . how do a few electrons that travel between certain types of cells in my head (neurons) collapse wavelengths like this?

And, can we jump between universes? Like, there's the universe where I don't have a Ferrari. And, there's one where I do. Can I jump from one to the other? If I do, what happens to the me that was in that Ferrari-having universe? Does he disappear, or is he suddenly thrust into my broke-ass-non-Ferrari-having universe? Seems kind of a dickish thing to do to myself.

it might be the same consciousness, just vibrating at a different wavelength in each 'verse
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 am

Do clues from ancient folklore indicate that consciousness is non-local?

http://www.scientificexploration.org/jo ... leiter.pdf

perhaps
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 am

are you guys familiar with the lore of ancient Egypt?

they believed that the source of creation was called Atum (atom? monad?) and that the world is a byproduct of Atum's attempts to know himself. To have information about himself he had to first become something instead of nothing. After he became a thing he noticed he was moving along, and then having noticed his own movement he realized that something had passed. Atum becoming conscious had brought forth time and space.

This was the birth of the first neter, or divinity, from the nothingness and from this beginning all things emanate and are a part of. the first divinity was Shu, or the past, the second was Tefnut, the future.

So, this is a pretty profound allegory for the most current cutting edge cosmological theories
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:53 am

Who knows? We might be the result of space critters altering the DNA of Neanderthals eons ago. They could also possibly be involved in our religion and many of the things we have. But like I said, who really knows?
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby The Dharma Bum » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:41 pm

it may be even stranger than that, because our understanding of the true nature of reality is limited.

Consider this, what if the objects of unknown origin that we perceive to be observing, and to even have created us, are simply the psychosocial effects of the "observer effect" created by our own mass consciousness and its own self observations on matter. something sort of like how an animal will not recognize it's own reflection as a naturally occurring representation of itself on a reflective surface, but will think it is another animal.

another animal that it can't contact and has "strange powers of appearing and disappearing" not unlike our own cultural conception of ufos as remote yet technologically advanced beings like ourselves. I think the ufo phenomena is an artifact of our misunderstanding of the nature of our own consciousnesses role in creating "reality", a sort of reflection of the ground of being that is temporarily "imprinted" in matter, and therefore, according to our perceptual function, in reality. We say they are "real".

this guy gives a decent explanation of the subject of consciousness and the nature of reality:
Video from : old youtube.com

consciousness is the ground of being, physical reality is state of constant flux that evolves outward from the observer. we know know this is true, probability wave function can be seen to collapse because the presence of an observer.

thus no knowledge is absolute, our understanding also evolves constantly
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 pm

I thought of a metaphor for envisioning "mass" consciousness as the ground of being for individual consciousnesses that I thought was a little better than the one in the video

Imagine a tremendous body of water as being the consciousness associated with the system we call life, individual consciousnesses can be likened to drops of rain that create ripples in the surface of the waters. An individual life is part of a greater whole, expressed as a temporary waveform in the ground of being.

Consciousness is the medium in which physical reality takes root, when observed. Prior to the presence of observation there is only potentiality.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Previous

Return to Philosophy