What do you think produces inequality in society

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby exploited » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:37 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:The world isn't broken, that's a religious idea.

We simply are not in sync with the world. I'm suggesting we abandon such thinking and "sync up" with the natural world and things will be much smoother for us.


I have no idea what that means.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20558
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2120 times
Been thanked: 1670 times

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:38 pm

I edited
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

The world isn't broken, that's a religious idea.We just don't fully understand how the world works because ideas like this keep getting in the way.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Basically the only thing that is "broken" is our culture. It's predicated on a lot of wrong ideas, and while we have weeded a lot out there is a long way to go.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby exploited » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:43 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:The world isn't broken, that's a religious idea.We just don't fully understand how the world works because ideas like this keep getting in the way.


Ideas like what? That full political equality will never be achieved because we are biologically wired to form most of our opinions based on subconscious desires and judgements?

Because that sounds like reality to me.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20558
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2120 times
Been thanked: 1670 times

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Comrade » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

exploited wrote:
The Comrade wrote:but you're doing literally the exact same thing as dharma only you prefer a multiplicity of ideas instead of one, but in the end your conglomeration is still a nice, tidy, worldview to fix humanity.


Not really. The world can't be fixed. Perhaps only a part of it, and only for a time, and even then it won't necessarily end up working.



suggesting the world is "broken" which is, and i know you love this direction, a subjective opinion attempting to be made as an objective observation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17963
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm

exploited wrote:
The Dharma Bum wrote:The world isn't broken, that's a religious idea.We just don't fully understand how the world works because ideas like this keep getting in the way.


Ideas like what? That full political equality will never be achieved because we are biologically wired to form most of our opinions based on subconscious desires and judgements?

Because that sounds like reality to me.


You made the argument that political equality is impossible because the world is broken. That is abject nonsense.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby exploited » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

The Comrade wrote:
exploited wrote:
The Comrade wrote:but you're doing literally the exact same thing as dharma only you prefer a multiplicity of ideas instead of one, but in the end your conglomeration is still a nice, tidy, worldview to fix humanity.


Not really. The world can't be fixed. Perhaps only a part of it, and only for a time, and even then it won't necessarily end up working.



suggesting the world is "broken" which is, and i know you love this direction, a subjective opinion attempting to be made as an objective observation.


I don't think the world is broken, as I don't even know what that implies - what I said is that there is no political ideology, program or course of action that can possibly make every area, in every time, better. What works here and now may not work here and then, or there and then.

By all means, if it makes you stop posting totally useless, nitpicking BS, then yes, you won this point. I concede. I cannot say if the world is broken or not - and you can't say anything about anything ever outside of geometry, since it is subjective.

It's like you only post to drag discussions into high school levels.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20558
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2120 times
Been thanked: 1670 times

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby exploited » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:03 pm

The Dharma Bum wrote:
exploited wrote:
The Dharma Bum wrote:The world isn't broken, that's a religious idea.We just don't fully understand how the world works because ideas like this keep getting in the way.


Ideas like what? That full political equality will never be achieved because we are biologically wired to form most of our opinions based on subconscious desires and judgements?

Because that sounds like reality to me.


You made the argument that political equality is impossible because the world is broken. That is abject nonsense.


Back to lying again huh?

I said political equality is impossible because of our biological wiring to form opinions based off nothing but our physical chemistry. I also said there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Of course who am I to even say there are problems? Totally subjective!

Lol..,
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20558
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2120 times
Been thanked: 1670 times

Re: What do you think produces inequality in society

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:09 pm

You clearly said the world can't be fixed, which implies it is broken, and that was why political equality would never be feasible.
Image
User avatar
The Dharma Bum
Vice President
 
Posts: 11594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3285 times
Been thanked: 617 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest