Government Outrage Of The Day

Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:07 pm



Joke:

Cop (after pulling me over) - "Do you know why I'm here?"
Me - "Because you got all C's in high school?" =))
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Winchester » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:34 am



I don't think the cop did anything wrong nor do I think the man arrested suffered any great harm. Guy probably should have just told the cop to f**k off when he asked to search his car. The cop got a false positive when he tested the substance, what the hell was he supposed to do other than arrest the guy at that time?
User avatar
Winchester
Governor
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Winchester wrote:


I don't think the cop did anything wrong nor do I think the man arrested suffered any great harm. Guy probably should have just told the cop to f**k off when he asked to search his car. The cop got a false positive when he tested the substance, what the hell was he supposed to do other than arrest the guy at that time?


I could think of several ways this could have been handled differently. The officer could have waited for the substance to be tested in the crime lab (from the article): "While Riggs-Hopkins used Safariland’s roadside drug test before arresting Rushing, she did not wait for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) to test the substance in the crime lab. When the FDLE did, the results revealed the substance was indeed glaze from the doughnuts and Rushing was then cleared of any wrongdoing."

Or lastly (to avoid getting egg in their face), someone could have (duh) TASTED it and said, "Oh, this is indeed doughnut glaze, you are free to go."

Sorry, but someone screwed up - this guy (if he wins his case and he very well should) deserves every cent he has coming his way.
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Winchester » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Luke Skywalker wrote:
Winchester wrote:


I don't think the cop did anything wrong nor do I think the man arrested suffered any great harm. Guy probably should have just told the cop to f**k off when he asked to search his car. The cop got a false positive when he tested the substance, what the hell was he supposed to do other than arrest the guy at that time?


I could think of several ways this could have been handled differently. The officer could have waited for the substance to be tested in the crime lab (from the article): "While Riggs-Hopkins used Safariland’s roadside drug test before arresting Rushing, she did not wait for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) to test the substance in the crime lab. When the FDLE did, the results revealed the substance was indeed glaze from the doughnuts and Rushing was then cleared of any wrongdoing."

Or lastly (to avoid getting egg in their face), someone could have (duh) TASTED it and said, "Oh, this is indeed doughnut glaze, you are free to go."

Sorry, but someone screwed up - this guy (if he wins his case and he very well should) deserves every cent he has coming his way.


They give the officers devices to test substances with, in this case it gave a false positive, so what's the officer to do at this point, give us your name and address, be there in case the crime lab tests check out so we can arrest you?

Oh yeah, here's something we think is meth, let's stick it on our tongue. :))

Shit happens and people are sometimes inconvenience, big deal, doesn't mean they deserve compensation for it.
User avatar
Winchester
Governor
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Winchester wrote:
Luke Skywalker wrote:
Winchester wrote:


I don't think the cop did anything wrong nor do I think the man arrested suffered any great harm. Guy probably should have just told the cop to f**k off when he asked to search his car. The cop got a false positive when he tested the substance, what the hell was he supposed to do other than arrest the guy at that time?


I could think of several ways this could have been handled differently. The officer could have waited for the substance to be tested in the crime lab (from the article): "While Riggs-Hopkins used Safariland’s roadside drug test before arresting Rushing, she did not wait for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) to test the substance in the crime lab. When the FDLE did, the results revealed the substance was indeed glaze from the doughnuts and Rushing was then cleared of any wrongdoing."

Or lastly (to avoid getting egg in their face), someone could have (duh) TASTED it and said, "Oh, this is indeed doughnut glaze, you are free to go."

Sorry, but someone screwed up - this guy (if he wins his case and he very well should) deserves every cent he has coming his way.


They give the officers devices to test substances with, in this case it gave a false positive, so what's the officer to do at this point, give us your name and address, be there in case the crime lab tests check out so we can arrest you?

Oh yeah, here's something we think is meth, let's stick it on our tongue. :))

Shit happens and people are sometimes inconvenience, big deal, doesn't mean they deserve compensation for it.


Whatever, man - spending over ten hours in jail and having to pay $2,500 in bail would do more than "inconvenience" me (for one thing, I'm rather claustrophobic), but to each his or her own.

I just thought it was kind of worth it to post this, as it could happen to anyone of us (just another example of the govt. throwing our civil liberties out the window. Had it been me, I'd of asked for a warrant to search the car, EVEN IF I had nothing to hide. But since he didn't - maybe I can understand where you're coming from).

As far as the court case goes, he will most likely be awarded something - 15 grand? Doubt it, but good on him for trying.
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm

AND he has a permanent mugshot on the internet - perhaps the greatest "inconvenience" of all. Let him try to explain that to his future employers and girlfriends, etc., but again - whatever.
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Philly » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Winchester is a well known fascist bootlicker. The cops dragged this guy through both the system and the mud for nothing. He has every right to sue for damages.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FREE MR. SHAMAN

These users thanked the author Philly for the post:
Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Philly
Governor
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 937 times
Been thanked: 1078 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby Luke Skywalker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Philly wrote:Winchester is a well known fascist bootlicker.


Thanks and yeah, he kind of reminds me of the folks in Germany who lived in their own little world during WW2: "Oh, they are just coming for the Jews, WE have nothing to worry about."

I know and am familiar with that mentality: "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

The saying goes like this:

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

Translated - that is why I post stuff like the OP.

Thanks anyway, Winchester!
Luke Skywalker
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Government Outrage Of The Day

Postby NAB » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Philly wrote:Winchester is a well known fascist bootlicker. The cops dragged this guy through both the system and the mud for nothing. He has every right to sue for damages.


So true about Win. He's merely a shill for Big Sky.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7112
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 1005 times

Next

Return to Society

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest