What does credit score say about you?

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Saz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:28 am

It's apparent you haven't even considered is possibility and probably are still trying to wrap your head around it. You amateur, these companies will screw you every chance they get and they love useful idiots like you quoting Bank of America telling people about the great credit scores that can get "without paying interest"
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8001
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 860 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:40 am

Saz wrote:It's apparent you haven't even considered is possibility and probably are still trying to wrap your head around it. You amateur, these companies will screw you every chance they get and they love useful idiots like you quoting Bank of America telling people about the great credit scores that can get "without paying interest"


So you've got nothing then? lol I f**k knew it.

OK I'll play re BoA.

Be specific and tell me what part of their statement you think is incorrect. Lets talk about it. While we're at it, lets talk about the other sources linked that agreed 100% with it, and specifically what you think is wrong about those as well?

Just because its BoA (among the other sources who said the same thing) doesn't mean they can't point out that the sky is blue and be correct that, in fact, the sky is blue.
Image
"Freedom is the increased knowledge of that which you can do without." -Thoreau
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11140
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 999 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Saz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:49 am

Spider wrote:So when does that start exactly? I've got reporting clear back to the f**k 90's and it hasn't happened to me yet. You know jack shit, kid. My utilization as reported by the CB's varies exactly with my actual usage, regardless of when I pay so long as I'm paying on time.

So where exactly do you get the idea that you have to pay interest. Because I sure as shit didn't. And if you got conned into it somehow, that sucks for you, but all of us adults living here in reality know waaay better.

You said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. You've been quoted saying it. We all know from common knowledge and long personal experience that its not true. Now stop pussing out and own it.


First of all, for Inzomniac, take note. Despite explaining this at length in several posts, spider JUST NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. This guy had no clue about reporting dates or that they can vary. He didn't even understand the concept until now. As I correctly pointed out, I've been about two levels above him on this subject the entire thread and he just is now figuring it out. You do not want to be taking advice form this guy. Just cut out the middle man and read credit karma, because thats clearly about all spider is able to do.

Now a good question to ask spider is, what is the exact date that his lenders reported to the credit bureaus, for the last 12 months? He almost certainly has no idea. This is a guy who is positive he isn't being screwed by some financial institution, despite never actually checking when they submit their reporting dates. I check, and I've in fact called chase on more than one occasion in the past 3 years to complain about the way they allocate their reporting dates. It almost certainly does not happen to everyone, and I think they do it to me because I churn cards and have lifted hundreds of thousands of miles out of them in the last decade. Of course, spider thinks I'm the one getting conned, ignoring the thousands of dollars of free flights and hotels I have made off these credit card companies. The thing is, if you don't churn, they probably won't do this to you (although they very easily could and im sure they do to others). That said, I probably have a higher credit score than spider, despite being 25 with no mortgage. Why is that? Because of the methods I use to raise my credit, which chase and citi push back on. The point is though, you will not get a score that touches in the 800's unless you are quite old, pay alot of interest, or do what I have been doing (and even then, it's hard to keep consistently above 800).

I never said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. Go ahead and quote that spider, quote it so inzomniac can see it. I clearly said you will never have 800+ without paying interest to someone, somewhere. You are an idiot who has admitted they havent even read my posts, and only now has your dumbass come around to the realization that I was speaking about reporting dates. Spider is f**k amateur, with medicore credit, dispensing advice intended for deadbeats and those with credit issues (perhaps because he falls into this category?). Either way, trust your instincts and ignore spider because it's taken this guy the better part of the evening to even figure out what a reporting date is.

I've had 2 accounts open with chase for a very long time. When is this going to start happening, Saz? When will the magical CB conspiracy finally strike me?

2 accounts? oh sweet summer child, I have life 5. I actually didn't pay attention to the reporting date thing until about 3 years ago, because admittedly it is quite nuanced and a sneaky way to f**k consumers over. But you have 2 cards and a mortgage, all you do is pay interest so why would they f**k you? I have been running these companies for thousands and thousands of miles and hotel points, so it's not surprising I end up on the wrong end of these shady tactic. I still come out ahead though, and have made several muliptles more than i have paid in interest. Can you say the same?

Blah blah ignorant childish child bitching and crying, feeling so damned insecure at this latest internet thrashing...blah blah....inadequacy complex, cry moar, etc etc....or insert whatever internet trash talk is suitable these days. :popcorn:
Hit the showers kid, or maybe google up on reporting dates since you just seem to have figured out what they are. But for the sake of everyone here, do not dispense any more "advice" about credit. You don't have any idea what you are talking about, and you are a naive consumer of credit who it's fair to say has a mediocre credit score and has paid more in interest than you ever recieved from these companies. I am not. Maybe read up on FT or boggle heads or something instead of taking your credit advice from bank of america, a completly neutral party that has never ever lied to a consumer or screwed them over. :))
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8001
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 860 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:55 am

Saz wrote:
First of all, for Inzomniac, take note. Despite explaining this at length in several posts, spider JUST NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. This guy had no clue about reporting dates or that they can vary. He didn't even understand the concept until now. As I correctly pointed out, I've been about two levels above him on this subject the entire thread and he just is now figuring it out. You do not want to be taking advice form this guy. Just cut out the middle man and read credit karma, because thats clearly about all spider is able to do.


Pft. Be real. I had to start dealing with this shit before you were even out from under your mom's curfew. Listen to yourself. Think how ridiculous a statement that was in in the context of this discussion. What next? Did I just now find out who Experian is? Because previously I'd thought it was elves with calculators.

You're better than this. Well. No, your not. But you used to at least make an effort.

I mean...prior to this discussion you thought people had to pay interest on their cards in order to benefit their scores, so who knows, right?

Now a good question to ask spider is, what is the exact date that his lenders reported to the credit bureaus, for the last 12 months? He almost certainly has no idea. This is a guy who is positive he isn't being screwed by some financial institution, despite never actually checking when they submit their reporting dates. I check, and I've in fact called chase on more than one occasion in the past 3 years to complain about the way they allocate their reporting dates. It almost certainly does not happen to everyone, and I think they do it to me because I churn cards and have lifted hundreds of thousands of miles out of them in the last decade. Of course, spider thinks I'm the one getting conned, ignoring the thousands of dollars of free flights and hotels I have made off these credit card companies. The thing is, if you don't churn, they probably won't do this to you (although they very easily could and im sure they do to others). That said, I probably have a higher credit score than spider, despite being 25 with no mortgage. Why is that? Because of the methods I use to raise my credit, which chase and citi push back on. The point is though, you will not get a score that touches in the 800's unless you are quite old, pay alot of interest, or do what I have been doing (and even then, it's hard to keep consistently above 800).

I never said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. Go ahead and quote that spider, quote it so inzomniac can see it. I clearly said you will never have 800+ without paying interest to someone, somewhere. You are an idiot who has admitted they havent even read my posts, and only now has your dumbass come around to the realization that I was speaking about reporting dates. Spider is f**k amateur, with medicore credit, dispensing advice intended for deadbeats and those with credit issues (perhaps because he falls into this category?). Either way, trust your instincts and ignore spider because it's taken this guy the better part of the evening to even figure out what a reporting date is.

I've had 2 accounts open with chase for a very long time. When is this going to start happening, Saz? When will the magical CB conspiracy finally strike me?

2 accounts? oh sweet summer child, I have life 5. I actually didn't pay attention to the reporting date thing until about 3 years ago, because admittedly it is quite nuanced and a sneaky way to f**k consumers over. But you have 2 cards and a mortgage, all you do is pay interest so why would they f**k you? I have been running these companies for thousands and thousands of miles and hotel points, so it's not surprising I end up on the wrong end of these shady tactic. I still come out ahead though, and have made several muliptles more than i have paid in interest. Can you say the same?

Blah blah ignorant childish child bitching and crying, feeling so damned insecure at this latest internet thrashing...blah blah....inadequacy complex, cry moar, etc etc....or insert whatever internet trash talk is suitable these days. :popcorn:
Hit the showers kid, or maybe google up on reporting dates since you just seem to have figured out what they are. But for the sake of everyone here, do not dispense any more "advice" about credit. You don't have any idea what you are talking about, and you are a naive consumer of credit who it's fair to say has a mediocre credit score and has paid more in interest than you ever recieved from these companies. I am not. Maybe read up on FT or boggle heads or something instead of taking your credit advice from bank of america, a completly neutral party that has never ever lied to a consumer or screwed them over. :))


Blah blah didn't read the rest. More insecure trolling in lieu of substance.

Answer the questions, Saz. Why can't you back up anything you say? Why is the entire world wrong but you? Why have none of us experienced any of this?
Image
"Freedom is the increased knowledge of that which you can do without." -Thoreau
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11140
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 999 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Saz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:56 am

Spider wrote:
Saz wrote:It's apparent you haven't even considered is possibility and probably are still trying to wrap your head around it. You amateur, these companies will screw you every chance they get and they love useful idiots like you quoting Bank of America telling people about the great credit scores that can get "without paying interest"


So you've got nothing then? lol I f**k knew it.

OK I'll play re BoA.

Be specific and tell me what part of their statement you think is incorrect. Lets talk about it. While we're at it, lets talk about the other sources linked that agreed 100% with it, and specifically what you think is wrong about those as well?

Just because its BoA (among the other sources who said the same thing) doesn't mean they can't point out that the sky is blue and be correct that, in fact, the sky is blue.


Sure. But for f**k sake, you should requote what BofA said so we all don't have to scroll through half a dozen of your posts where you act lost.

Fact: You do need to use your credit cards to build a credit history, but that doesn't mean you must carry an unpaid balance. In fact, your best strategy is to use your credit cards and pay off the bill in full each month so you keep your overall debt-to-credit limit low.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-ca ... t-cards.go


This is true. Not a bold faced lie but a lie of omission. They omit the fact that your score will rise quicker and higher if you do not pay it off in full every month, and instead take the interest and pay it down in a consistent manner. This is because bank of america makes interest off credit cards spider, and they know full well if the average idiot who goes to their website for advice could pay it off in full each month, they would. But most can't.

They also omit the fact that your actual ulitixation depends on the day that they report to the credit bureau. On what day do they have to report? Oh well funny you should ask, because bank of america is never able to tell you and in fact the dates are probably different (I can't say this for sure though, I only have one BofA card and I don't use it.) But the fact that the whole system is completly opaque in this regard should tell you everything you need to know. This is a bank, when they f**k you they do everything possible to ensure you don't realize it, and shifting reporting dates is one of those ways.
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8001
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 860 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Saz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:59 am

Spider wrote:
Saz wrote:
First of all, for Inzomniac, take note. Despite explaining this at length in several posts, spider JUST NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. This guy had no clue about reporting dates or that they can vary. He didn't even understand the concept until now. As I correctly pointed out, I've been about two levels above him on this subject the entire thread and he just is now figuring it out. You do not want to be taking advice form this guy. Just cut out the middle man and read credit karma, because thats clearly about all spider is able to do.


Pft. Be real. I had to start dealing with this shit before you were even out from under your mom's curfew. Listen to yourself. Think how ridiculous a statement that was in in the context of this discussion. What next? Did I just now find out who Experian is? Because previously I'd thought it was elves with calculators.

You're better than this. Well. No, your not. But you used to at least make an effort.

I mean...prior to this discussion you thought people had to pay interest on their cards in order to benefit their scores, so who knows, right?

Now a good question to ask spider is, what is the exact date that his lenders reported to the credit bureaus, for the last 12 months? He almost certainly has no idea. This is a guy who is positive he isn't being screwed by some financial institution, despite never actually checking when they submit their reporting dates. I check, and I've in fact called chase on more than one occasion in the past 3 years to complain about the way they allocate their reporting dates. It almost certainly does not happen to everyone, and I think they do it to me because I churn cards and have lifted hundreds of thousands of miles out of them in the last decade. Of course, spider thinks I'm the one getting conned, ignoring the thousands of dollars of free flights and hotels I have made off these credit card companies. The thing is, if you don't churn, they probably won't do this to you (although they very easily could and im sure they do to others). That said, I probably have a higher credit score than spider, despite being 25 with no mortgage. Why is that? Because of the methods I use to raise my credit, which chase and citi push back on. The point is though, you will not get a score that touches in the 800's unless you are quite old, pay alot of interest, or do what I have been doing (and even then, it's hard to keep consistently above 800).

I never said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. Go ahead and quote that spider, quote it so inzomniac can see it. I clearly said you will never have 800+ without paying interest to someone, somewhere. You are an idiot who has admitted they havent even read my posts, and only now has your dumbass come around to the realization that I was speaking about reporting dates. Spider is f**k amateur, with medicore credit, dispensing advice intended for deadbeats and those with credit issues (perhaps because he falls into this category?). Either way, trust your instincts and ignore spider because it's taken this guy the better part of the evening to even figure out what a reporting date is.

I've had 2 accounts open with chase for a very long time. When is this going to start happening, Saz? When will the magical CB conspiracy finally strike me?

2 accounts? oh sweet summer child, I have life 5. I actually didn't pay attention to the reporting date thing until about 3 years ago, because admittedly it is quite nuanced and a sneaky way to f**k consumers over. But you have 2 cards and a mortgage, all you do is pay interest so why would they f**k you? I have been running these companies for thousands and thousands of miles and hotel points, so it's not surprising I end up on the wrong end of these shady tactic. I still come out ahead though, and have made several muliptles more than i have paid in interest. Can you say the same?

Blah blah ignorant childish child bitching and crying, feeling so damned insecure at this latest internet thrashing...blah blah....inadequacy complex, cry moar, etc etc....or insert whatever internet trash talk is suitable these days. :popcorn:
Hit the showers kid, or maybe google up on reporting dates since you just seem to have figured out what they are. But for the sake of everyone here, do not dispense any more "advice" about credit. You don't have any idea what you are talking about, and you are a naive consumer of credit who it's fair to say has a mediocre credit score and has paid more in interest than you ever recieved from these companies. I am not. Maybe read up on FT or boggle heads or something instead of taking your credit advice from bank of america, a completly neutral party that has never ever lied to a consumer or screwed them over. :))


Blah blah didn't read the rest. More insecure trolling in lieu of substance.

Answer the questions, Saz. Why can't you back up anything you say? Why is the entire world wrong but you? Why have none of us experienced any of this?


Take note Inzomniac. I really do what you to read this because it's a shame when epople give bad information like this. You were right the first time and right to trust your instinct so don't let spiders lies change your opinion.

Notice, spider did not provide any quote where i said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. Because I never said that. And in fact, I easily predicted he wouldn't provide a quote. Because it's apparent spider has bene blindsided by the idea that a reporting date could shift and now is well out of his element. Nothing in his post is responsive, nothing in his post rebutts what i said, and in fact, he now has to misrepresent my position because now that he has figure out what I'm saying, it's clear I'm right. You will not get a 800+ credit score unless you pay interest to someone.

I'm gonna go for a coffee but let this be a record never to take advice form some idiot with shitty credit who quote bank of america re good credit practices. If he wasnt so dumb I would actually think he was trying to deliberatley mislead you.
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
User avatar
Saz
Governor
 
Posts: 8001
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Airstrip One
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1038 times
Been thanked: 860 times
Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:05 am

Saz wrote:
This is true. Not a bold faced lie but a lie of omission. They omit the fact that your score will rise quicker and higher if you do not pay it off in full every month, and instead take the interest and pay it down in a consistent manner. This is because bank of america makes interest off credit cards spider, and they know full well if the average idiot who goes to their website for advice could pay it off in full each month, they would. But most can't.


So now at least we're making progress. You won't admit you were wrong about the interest just yet, but at least we're halfway there. Now we're talking "quicker and higher", rather than in absolutes. Progress, at least, rather than doubling down the flatly incorrect shit you were saying earlier...if not an attempt to move the goal.

In actuality, unless Bank of America in maliciously waiting until you pay in order to report, you are getting the benefit of the utilization. Tell me Saz. If I were to dig out any old random credit report and check to see if my reporting was at $0 balance...would I find it as such? (Because its not. As I already told you.)

You don't know what you're talking about.

They also omit the fact that your actual ulitixation depends on the day that they report to the credit bureau. On what day do they have to report? Oh well funny you should ask, because bank of america is never able to tell you and in fact the dates are probably different (I can't say this for sure though, I only have one BofA card and I don't use it.) But the fact that the whole system is completly opaque in this regard should tell you everything you need to know. This is a bank, when they f**k you they do everything possible to ensure you don't realize it, and shifting reporting dates is one of those ways.


So why is this simply not a problem for the rest of us? Please just tell me that much. Why is it, that if BoA is lying when they tell you not to pay them interest (lol!) that its just not showing up as a problem for the rest of us, and that we can safely build high credit scores on ordinary revolving credit management and timely loan payments? But for you, Saz, its somehow not working out?

What's the difference between you and the rest of the world? Why are so many of us, myself obviously included, who aren't whelping out interest for the credit card companies, still building high credit scores and getting mortgages?
Last edited by Spider on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"Freedom is the increased knowledge of that which you can do without." -Thoreau
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11140
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 999 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 am

Notice, spider did not provide any quote where i said you have to pay interest to benefit from revolving credit. Because I never said that. And in fact, I easily predicted he wouldn't provide a quote.


Actually, I've already provided it twice. This will be number 3.

Spider:
No, Saz, that is incorrect lol.

You don't have to carry a balance. As in, pay interest monthly on an outstanding amount. If you use revolving credit, but pay it off before the interest accrues, you are still "demonstrating active revolving credit management".


Saz:
No, you will not. The only possible way to do this without interest would be to have 0% APR cards continuously, but that would obviously bring down your age of credit since those sort of offers are only for new cardholders. You cannot use the card and then pay it off each month before the interest hits and still be seen to be demonstrating active revolving management over a significant period. It must go for more than one month and I know this because i regularly use my cards and pay them off each month before the interest and I do not get the 20 point bump and still get the continuous warning.


Some of the best AM forum fun in months. :))
Image
"Freedom is the increased knowledge of that which you can do without." -Thoreau
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11140
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 823 times
Been thanked: 999 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Inzomniac » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:45 am

Saz wrote:Don't listen to him man, he is full of shit. Think about it. If all they cared about was using credit responsibly, why would having 0% utilisation (or having a card that you always have paid off on time but simply haven't used recently) decrease your score? There is nothing irrisponsible about that...and yet credit agencies want you to use the card at least some of the time...or use credit you may not actually want or need to use.

You saw it right the first time, trust your instincts on this. Don't listen to spider, the guy quote Bank of America as if they haven't f**k over million of responsible Americans like you.

Well, the other way they get you is more and more services require the use of a credit card [many businesses are using holds for a lot of money on the credit cards as an uncertainty to having to sue a person for losses that can occur in the natural course of said business, and abusing those cases as well]. So, even the people who want to opt out of the game often don't have much of a choice in many cases. A payment history doesn't demonstrate that you are going make your future payments. And a lack of a payment history doesn't demonstrate that you won't make your future payments. Banks honestly just want you to pay them in order to take your money while they turn around and rake in fist over dollar on the credit card interest rate they charge people. And then also the killings they make on mortgages and other types of loans. Other than the first two categories of DEADBEAT [300-549] and UNDESIRED RISK [550-649], credit scores have ZERO to do with the truth about how intelligent your financial decisions are and what level of risk you represent.
The truth is a bitter pill.
User avatar
Inzomniac
Council Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:44 am
Location: Violet Twilight
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: What does credit score say about you?

Postby Winchester » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:49 am

Saz wrote:Still trying to figure out what to do with this extra 50k I took out in student loans. Really need Hillary to drop the rates before the end of 2017 otherwise I could be wandering into losing territory lol


bitcoin. :p
User avatar
Winchester
Governor
 
Posts: 5310
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 694 times
Been thanked: 766 times

PreviousNext

Return to Society

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest