[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
A food-stamp reality check • Society • Political Crossfire Forums

A food-stamp reality check

A food-stamp reality check

Postby dontworrybehappy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:11 pm

I was standing in the Wal Mart check out line with my 40 dollars worth of food, including a loaf of bread, that has to last me a week because I don't make that much money and have a lot of pop-up expenses that hit me all of a sudden and at the same time and I notice in front of me a couple of very overweight colored people with a basketfull heaping full of groceries. I'm waiting and waiting for them to finally get done checking out, probably 20 min on just them alone and I hear their total, over $260!! I thought to myself how in the world can they afford that much when I am struggling, working a full time job, to put 40 dollars of food on the table each week? I saw them yank out a credit card whose face I didn't recognize as any of the major brands but I couldn't read what was on it. On a whim, when I got home I decided to google "Louisiana food stamp program" and there it was, the credit card they used. I was in disbelief. I had 40 dollars in groceries because I have a job and can't afford more than that per week, and here they were, with 260 dollars worth, and it was all free money to them, free groceries.

This a screwed up deal to anyone with a job. Bust your ass, get a job, work your ass off and barely be able to live off of what you can afford to eat. Sit on your ass, get fatter than a blob of lard, and get all the free food you can eat. No wonder people just aren't trying to find a job anymore!
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: A food-stamp reality check

Postby eynon81 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 pm

they probably had a shit-load of kids. could be worse, I personally observed how the food-stamp program seems to be a huge subsidy for the tobacco industry.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Winchester » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:32 pm

You haven't seen some of my Costco grocery shopping bills... $260 seems tame.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Winchester » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 pm

These users thanked the author Winchester for the post:
eynon81
Winchester
Governor

Postby NAB » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

"Colored" people? Is this OP in honor MLB's Jackie Robinson day dwbh?
NAB
Governor

Postby dontworrybehappy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:21 pm

"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Postby dontworrybehappy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes I was, I said colored people. You seemed to have a problem with that. They're color and certainly not me, are not the topics of this thread. Why don't you stick to the topic? That would be food stamps for lazy people.
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Postby Stratego » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Are you assuming that $260 worth of groceries was also for a week? Maybe it's for two weeks for a family of five.
Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

Postby Winchester » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby dontworrybehappy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I described the people that were using the food stamps. The point is the food stamps, not the color of the people using them.

And believe me, by looking at those two lardmuffins, that much food would not feed them for more than a week. And I don't care if it was for a month, I don't get 260 dollars worth of free food. Hell, I've been busting my ass at this job for 2.5 years and I haven't been given a dime in free food. Why do they get a hand out and not me? Hell, I'm working, I'm paying into the system, why don't I get to see any benefits from it? It's like a pool of people buying into the lottery and someone who didn't even buy a ticket gets the winnings. How is that fair?
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Next

Return to Society