[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Gays in Boy Scouts • Society • Political Crossfire Forums

Gays in Boy Scouts

Gays in Boy Scouts

Postby uebermann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Gays in Boy Scouts

Postby eynon81 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Why do Christian Conservatives insist of sexualizing EVERYTHING!

the cub scouts were the most platonic thing I think I've ever done in my entire life.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby uebermann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby uebermann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Indoctrinate kids how?
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby uebermann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 pm

These users thanked the author uebermann for the post:
HeatherG
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby jimmyz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm

The Scouts have tons of suppressed (by Scout administration) abuse cases where gay/pedophile adult scout leaders victimizing kids going back decades. Why is this even up for discussion again? Do any of the previous posters in this thread even have children? If so, would you want to send your kid camping and sharing a tent with the possibility of sexual abuse by a homosexual/pedophile troop leader? I'd be the parent chaperone in charge of the knife sharpening badge instruction.

All gays are not pedophiles.
But all male pedophiles who molest boys are certainly gay.

Have gay-only Scout troops. There are a ton of out gay kids and potential Scout leaders. Their annual Scout Jamboree could be on Fire Island or something and any shenanigans would be of no issue other than the usual state laws of consent that is. Nambla could host the weiner roast supplies.

Go recruit your new homos somewhere else gay lobby.
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby John Galt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm

well i think the scouts can make whatever decision they want to make.

i really don't think it has to do with pedophilia and never did, it had to do with their core values and the scouts felt that homosexuality didn't mesh with their values.

i'm an eagle scout. i don't have time to lead kids. i've thought about it, actually, since i enjoy camping. but if someone has the time and is willing to help kids, and he just happens to be gay, i don't care. it's not appropriate for him to discuss that stuff with kids, but i don't think he would (just as it's inappropriate for a straight man to discuss how he nailed some chick with 8 year olds). it doesn't mean he's going to molest anyone. i'd rather have neil patrick harris than jerry sandusky as a scout leader. jerry sandusky -- married to a woman, raped boys. harris -- f**k/get f**k by men, open about it, we all know, etc, no one cares
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Winchester » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm

The scouts have too many ties to conservative religious organizations. IMO if they go this route it will only hasten the scouts demise... not that I care. My boys were both in scouts for a while but they really were outsiders looking in being they didn't belong to the religious organization that has cooped scouts in our area.

These users thanked the author Winchester for the post:
Yossarian
Winchester
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby John Galt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Next

Return to Society