[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Next you complain about a nanny state • Society • Political Crossfire Forums

Next you complain about a nanny state

Next you complain about a nanny state

Postby WizardfromOz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 am

WizardfromOz
Senator

Re: Next you complain about a nanny state

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

I wonder if we are damaging the immune systems of these children by sheltering them from germs.
Darkhorse
Governor

Postby WizardfromOz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm

WizardfromOz
Senator

Postby Precocity » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm

When I was little I got sick a lot. I remember my mother telling me that it seemed I was sick more often than well. My body developed immunity the hard way I guess and now I never get sick. I haven't caught the flu in a very long time even when being around others that were clearly contagious. I haven't had a cold in decades. If I do manage to catch something that knock other people for a loop, I might show some minor symptoms that don't last long. I rarely, if ever, get headaches. I guess I am extremely lucky or just that my immune system is optimal or both. Who knows.

I believe the human body adapts on it's own. Of course there are exceptions and virus/disease permeates out there that can overcome immunities no matter how strong but it's obvious to me that I got stronger because of what I went through especially when I see younger people get sick all the time because they lived in a bubble sort of and never developed those immunities and now that they are older, they get sick just being near someone sick.
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 pm

The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby exploited » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Ridiculous.

Germophobes need to be brought under control of rational people.
exploited
Vice President

Postby NAB » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

These users thanked the author NAB for the post (total 2):
The Dharma Bumexploited
NAB
Governor

Postby WizardfromOz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

WizardfromOz
Senator

Postby jimmyz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Are there childcare centers that only take in ill children? I bet parents would pay a premium to have their sick kids looked after by competent staff while they were working without having to stay home with them or send their sick children to school or regular daycare. They could have little rooms with a bed and TV to themselves to rest segregated from other ill kids for the day. Soup, hydration, OTC meds, video link for the parents to look in on their child, pajamas okay, A physician assistant or doctor on staff. It would be worth $75.00 or more a day to me if I were paying.
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby Precocity » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Precocity
Site Admin

Next

Return to Society