[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Sex, Monogamy and Relationships • Page 2 • Society • Political Crossfire Forums

Sex, Monogamy and Relationships

Re: Sex, Monogamy and Relationships

Postby eynon81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby exploited » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

My thoughts on sex. Well, honestly, I haven't really explored sex intellectually all that much, so this post will be just as much an expose of my feelings on sex to all of you as it is to me. I guess my initial evaluation of my views on sex would land me in the "conservative" column, but let me hash this out a bit more.

In my opinion, sex has a spiritual component. Sex to me is more than just a physical act; it's exposing yourself in the most vulnerable of ways to another person in pursuit of the most exquisite pleasure the human body can offer. Yes, this can be achieved simply by "going through the motions" but it can be so, so much better. Sex devoid of romantic love seems so empty and fleeting; empty in that it lacks the well-earned trust and emotional bond that exists with romantic love, and fleeting in that the pleasure it brings emotionally is temporary. I think that's why many surveys conclude that people in committed relationships have more rewarding sex than people who have less meaningful sex with less meaningful people. You have to ask yourself, wouldn't any rational person benefit far more from a form of sex that includes a strongly life-serving psychological dimension (companionship, admiration, intense affinity for shared values mutually understood), than from one that doesn't?

So because I think sex has a spiritual component as well as a physical component, I see sex as one of the most treasured gifts I could ever give to anyone, and not just anyone, the one person that I trust the most, admire the most, cherish the most, and have the strongest bond with: my wife. We give each other our most raw forms, our most raw emotions under an umbrella of trust. It is the most rewarding experience I've come across.
Objectivist, IT professional, news junkie, geek, and husband. Formally known by Tetracide. I do the twitter @jk_gregg.

You're wrong until proven correct.

These users thanked the author J.K. Gregg for the post:
exploited
J.K. Gregg
Senator

Political Leaning: Objectivist

Postby exploited » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Why does the act of having spiritually connected sex necessarily exclude also having sex with other people?

For instance, I have best friends, and I have close friends, and then I have acquaintances. Obviously having best friends is better than close friends, and close friends better than acquaintances... but I wouldn't argue that any of those relationships rely upon the exclusion of others. Why is sex different?

These users thanked the author exploited for the post:
HeatherG
exploited
Vice President

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Darkhorse
Governor

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Well I don't necessarily think that sex should be confined to two people. People can be in love with and cherish multiple people. Personally, I can't relate, but if other people are romantically involved with multiple people, and everyone is honest and upfront about their feelings, then I see no reason why sex can't be enjoyed with multiple people.
Objectivist, IT professional, news junkie, geek, and husband. Formally known by Tetracide. I do the twitter @jk_gregg.

HeatherG
J.K. Gregg
Senator

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

HeatherG
J.K. Gregg
Senator

Postby exploited » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:09 pm

exploited
Vice President

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Only so people don't discover your secret.
Darkhorse
Governor

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm

J.K. Gregg
Senator

PreviousNext

Return to Society