[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Surface on Sale • Page 6 • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

Surface on Sale

Re: Surface on Sale

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 am

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby uebermann » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:11 am

I guess its true - there are suckers born every minute.

People are apparently buying these things. Why? God only knows.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby fstarcstar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 pm

fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm

For another hundred bucks a guy could buy an ultrabook. Or a Macbook Air.

Touchscreen must be one hell of a compelling gimmick.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby Kane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am

Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Winchester » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

Winchester
Governor

Postby Winchester » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 am

Winchester
Governor

Postby Spider » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Let us know what you think of it. A tablet running a real OS is something I'm really interested in.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby Winchester » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:26 pm

I definitely will. I toyed briefly with the RT version, but for my needs the full operating version seems more useful.

I honestly didn't even give much thought to getting a surface until I set up an installed a new server on Windows Server 2012 essentials a week or so ago. Very impressed with the ease in setting up. No more exchange server to give me headaches, went with Office 365 subscriptions for everyone and tied it all in to our existing email, worth $6/head/month. Integrates seamlessly with our desktop outlook program and honestly my employees don't even have a clue it's all tied together via the web.

Personally I think the 2012 server essentials will be a game changer for small business with no dedicated IT peep, it's so much snappier than the Windows server 8 I set up a couple of years ago (probably because no exchange server bogging it down). The whole thing is built up to take advantage of the cloud and move the IT headaches to those who can maintain and deal with them... I got better things to do with my time and money.

Anywho I really see very nice integration with the surface/my network/my Office 365 account. I think its going to be handy especially when I'm out of the office.

I'm also seriously thinking about buying some Microsoft stock. IMO all the programs will eventually be moved to a subscription service. It's better for the business as everyone will be on the same latest versions, probably will save some money, and it gives Microsoft a steady income stream rather than the bumps when a "new" operating system or program is released. I just think the Server 2012, Windows 8 and the surface are going to be a win, win, win for Microsoft.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Kane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 pm

If it gains traction. They started it off as they do with everything else...software that wasn't ready for release and full of proprietary limitations.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

PreviousNext

Return to Science/Tech