Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby fstarcstar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Any of you play it?

Discuss.
Image
User avatar
fstarcstar
Governor
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby exploited » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:12 pm

It's awesome.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby The Comrade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:08 pm

it's a garbage game that appeals to casuals and those who have no integrity like exploited.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17979
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby exploited » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:12 pm

The Comrade wrote:it's a garbage game that appeals to casuals and those who have no integrity like exploited.


What didn't you like about it? Great graphics, I enjoyed the controls, Rebel Assault was great other than the balance issue, playing as Darth or Luke is awesome... I was actually pretty surprised because it's an EA game and EA is terrible, alas...
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby fstarcstar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:13 pm

I played it. Loved it.

You jelly.
Image
User avatar
fstarcstar
Governor
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby The Comrade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:16 pm

exploited wrote:
The Comrade wrote:it's a garbage game that appeals to casuals and those who have no integrity like exploited.


What didn't you like about it? Great graphics, I enjoyed the controls, Rebel Assault was great other than the balance issue, playing as Darth or Luke is awesome... I was actually pretty surprised because it's an EA game and EA is terrible, alas...


there are no real classes, the number of people is very small in a game, it has 4 maps, half the star wars universe is missing, the way vehicles and grenades and things work is so hilariously arcadey. missing game modes.

lots of stuff that will be included later in $25 DLC packs.

it's a sack of shit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17979
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby exploited » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 pm

The Comrade wrote:
exploited wrote:
The Comrade wrote:it's a garbage game that appeals to casuals and those who have no integrity like exploited.


What didn't you like about it? Great graphics, I enjoyed the controls, Rebel Assault was great other than the balance issue, playing as Darth or Luke is awesome... I was actually pretty surprised because it's an EA game and EA is terrible, alas...


there are no real classes, the number of people is very small in a game, it has 4 maps, half the star wars universe is missing, the way vehicles and grenades and things work is so hilariously arcadey. missing game modes.

lots of stuff that will be included later in $25 DLC packs.

it's a sack of shit.


Don't care, don't care, wrong, don't care, don't care, don't care.

Honestly bro, it sounds like your problem is that you've been obsessing over the development of the game and now have a case of the bitters. Trust me, this shit is much better when you just go into it without having all these expectations. Same shit applies to movies.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby The Comrade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Don't care, don't care, wrong, don't care, don't care, don't care.


you don't care because you have no integrity. you're the people devs love. the people who ignore blatantly shitty business and development practices.

Honestly bro, it sounds like your problem is that you've been obsessing over the development of the game and now have a case of the bitters. Trust me, this shit is much better when you just go into it without having all these expectations. Same shit applies to movies.


or i've played battlefront 2 which came out like 10 years ago and it's a better game still. and i don't want to get raped by DLC to play something that should be out on launch.

and i have enough generic multiplayer shooters to last me a lifetime so why would i waste time on one that's done so poorly?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
The Comrade
Vice President
 
Posts: 17979
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Yugoslavia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1188 times
Been thanked: 1813 times
Political Leaning: Socialist

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby Spider » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Pretty much what Com said. Extremely shallow gameplay, balance is shit...plays like battlefield. Which is not a good thing. Its a game for the CoD DudeBros who ride the shortbus, basically.

Plus...its not a real game. Its a multiplayer mode (with not much content) that costs as much as a full game. With the production values they've got...the campaign could have been completely amazing. If someone else had been developing it, anyways.

Graphics are beautiful though...and the sound is fantastic. And apparently its so well optimized it runs smoothly on both consoles and potatoes.
Every dark cloud has a silver lining. But lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it.
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11199
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 828 times
Been thanked: 1002 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Postby exploited » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:39 pm

The Comrade wrote:
Don't care, don't care, wrong, don't care, don't care, don't care.


you don't care because you have no integrity. you're the people devs love. the people who ignore blatantly shitty business and development practices.

Honestly bro, it sounds like your problem is that you've been obsessing over the development of the game and now have a case of the bitters. Trust me, this shit is much better when you just go into it without having all these expectations. Same shit applies to movies.


or i've played battlefront 2 which came out like 10 years ago and it's a better game still. and i don't want to get raped by DLC to play something that should be out on launch.

and i have enough generic multiplayer shooters to last me a lifetime so why would i waste time on one that's done so poorly?


It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure you're the guy who pre-ordered Fallout, a game you say will be totally broken upon release. I mean, if you want to talk about integrity (with video games???), you might want to not do that.

In any case, I don't care about classes, so long as you can customize weapons and armor. In fact, I think classes are f**k stupid, and always have.

20 v 20 is big enough. I'm sure it could be bigger, but not being able to play with 127 other players really doesn't concern me much.

I don't care about the Star Wars universe. I just don't. I'm a fan of the series, but definitely a casual. I own a few random books, I've got the movies, I've read a bit on Wikipedia, but honestly... there are about fifty gazillion better worlds you could choose to be following.

Arcadey is fun, and makes sense for Star Wars.

Don't know anything about missing game modes, but that's because I haven't been following development.

DLC is annoying, but that's EA. Love it or leave it.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20599
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2128 times
Been thanked: 1671 times

Next

Return to Science/Tech

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron