[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Smartphone Wars • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

Smartphone Wars

If you had to choose between the phones listed in the article, which would you choose?

iPhone 5
44%
Samsung Galaxy SIII
31%
Nokia Lumia 920
6%
Galaxy Note II
No votes
HTC OneX
6%
Galaxy Nexus
13%

Total votes : 16

Smartphone Wars

Postby fstarcstar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I would say this link does a bang up job of all the features listed on the newest smarphones available atm.

http://www.theverge.com/products/compar ... 5236/3604/

Quite frankly, since Im a current windows phone 7 owner I plan to get the Nokia Lumia 920. I havent ever had a phone that has a 4.5" screen, but I think I might be ok with it. I'm not bought into the Apple ecosystem or Google Ecosystem, so its a right fit for me. Seems the smartphone wars are heating up, I know some of you already mentioned youll be getting the iphone 5, but what about the rest of ya? If you had to take a pick of the lineup above, which would you take? (or plan to buy for that matter)
fstarcstar
Governor

Re: Smartphone Wars

Postby eric » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:05 am

They're all pretty much the same. Since I like the Apple ecosystem I'll probably be going with the iPhone. If I wasn't, idk. It would be tough.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby OGPhilly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 am

Which one of those has a keypad
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby fstarcstar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 am

Wut
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby OGPhilly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:41 am

Touchscreen typing is for cravens. I want a keypad. What should I get?
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby fstarcstar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 am

A time machine
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby OGPhilly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:55 am

Sonned :(
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby OGPhilly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Seriously though why no keypads? I have an iPod touch that I use sometimes to surf the net or post on here but rarely because I need to keep my eyes glued to the screen while I'm typing and even then I type much slower and have more typos. On my blackberry I don't even have to look and I type much faster with no mistakes.
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby fstarcstar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Honestly Philly, I miss keyboards too, my most favorite phone was a Samsung Blackjack. Unfortunately, were all getting old and times are a changing.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby phosphide » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 pm

We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Next

Return to Science/Tech