[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The 7" Tablet market is getting crowded. • Page 8 • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

The 7" Tablet market is getting crowded.

Re: The 7" Tablet market is getting crowded.

Postby eric » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 am

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby John Galt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 am

you say that i like to harp on how apple has inferior quality of hardware than competition, especially at their pricepoint, and then pretend like no one would take advantage of superior hardware. well i do. further the software for android supports the superior hardware nicely because it has the ability to multitask quite well. i was not able to have the same user experience when i played with my sister's ipad -- admittedly, i didn't use it that much, and i think the extent was a few games and looking at pictures. still, the interface was more of "go back, then open" not "open open open switch open another"

i then was talking about the superiority of google now to siri, because that's easily benchmarked with or without my having to play with it myself.

the ipad could be argued to be superior to the nexus 7, but that i think is simply the display size and clarity on the ipad3. that's the thing it has. i haven't played with the newest iOS but google's current iteration of jelly bean blows the last iOS out of the water easily. of course, so did ICS, biggest difference with jelly bean is the addition of google now (which somewhat already existed well before siri; i could ask it "what's the weather like?" and it'd answer, even on my phone years ago). have YOU played with jelly bean or ICS?
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby eric » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Nope, I haven't, and I haven't made any claims which would require knowledge of it.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby Mathurin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Mathurin
Congressman

Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Postby eric » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm

I agree with you on Apple because of their lack of support for devices that are 2+ years old (like the original iPad). But I think at the moment, outside of very intensive apps, hardware is far ahead of software and will remain so for now, at least imo.
eric
Governor

Postby Spider » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I've got a first generation Galaxy tab, and it still works reasonably well. It collects dust, since my new tablet is 5 times faster...but in terms of hardware still doing the basic tasks, it does work. Just can't be upgraded any further.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby eric » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Where did I call Android shitty software?

I state that it wouldn't matter how fast your processor is if you ran it on shitty software. That's not calling Android shitty.
eric
Governor

Postby John Galt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:00 pm

its implied if android has the superior hardware
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby eric » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 pm

the confusion is cleared up, you can move along now, no need to dwell on it
eric
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to Science/Tech