[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
I need your water knowledge. • Page 3 • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

I need your water knowledge.

Re: I need your water knowledge.

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:15 am

I am actually considering both of those options. Both rainwater collection or moving are viable options.

Thanks for the input, guys.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Stratego » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm

What about a business solution? Brew your own beer and exchange it for filtered water.
Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

Postby NAB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm

NAB
Governor

Postby Stratego » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Texans love beer though.
Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

Postby lnrw » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby Professor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Professor
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Spider » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Sounds to me like if you need that much perfectly clean DI water investing in a serious RO setup would be the way to go. Huge amount of wastewater though. I've seen units that can be mounted on the wall and plumbed in, that sit there and fill up cisterns or 55 gallon drums. I had a small one I got for cheap set up next to the washing machine, so the waste could just go down the same drain. It barely kept up with the fish tank though.

Probably best to just buy this stuff rather thank kit-bash it together.

If you want to rig it up to fill a drum or whatever, you could probably use a float valve like in a toilet tank and make it fully automatic.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby jimmyz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Set up a solar still
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

float valve...hmmmm. That might be the ticket with one of the RO units I was looking at. The solar still thing is pretty interesting too, though. I wonder how much I could produce with one of those. Do you know much about those jimmyz?
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I have a surplus of solar energy, that's for sure. lol
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to Science/Tech