[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
I need your water knowledge. • Page 4 • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

I need your water knowledge.

Re: I need your water knowledge.

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

That waste with the RO unit is tough. We have a drought warning so I don't know if I want to do that. If I lose like a 2:1 ratio that would be a terrible waste. I wonder if there is a way to set the unit up outside and divert the waste water back into the house system while keeping like a 55 gallon drum with a float tube full of RO water.

That sounds like an expense though. Maybe I will just start getting it delivered or something.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Stratego » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am

Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

Postby The Dharma Bum » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:41 am

You said stick a bunch of mirrors in a bucket and collect the steam.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby Professor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:20 am

I'm really not trying to be an ass with this statement. Please don't take it as such.

You live in an area where plant cultivation is spectacularly hard. Lack of water, and the water that is there is unsuitable. Perhaps find another hobby until your circumstances change?

For instance, I love racing. I happen to have 2 tracks within an hour of me - one of which is (or will shortly be) the best track in the southeastern US. I'm able to have my hobby and practice it with relative ease.

But, if I lived somewhere where it was extraordinarily hard to act out on my hobby, I'd likely find another hobby.

These users thanked the author Professor for the post:
The Dharma Bum
Professor
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby The Dharma Bum » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:31 am

Not an option, brah

I'll figure something out. I can just order bottled water if worse comes to worse.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby Professor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:51 am

These users thanked the author Professor for the post:
The Dharma Bum
Professor
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby jimmyz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:35 am

These users thanked the author jimmyz for the post:
The Dharma Bum
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby The Dharma Bum » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 pm

The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby Lobster » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I think you should only use traditional pre-industrial methods. Anything else would be a shameful surrender to the all-consuming monster that is civilization.
Lobster
Mayor

Postby Stratego » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Sigmund Freud defined four parts of a psyche; the id, the ego, the superego and the stratego. The Stratego being the highest form of morality and scientific thinking.

If guns are not outlawed, the in-laws will have guns.
Stratego
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Science/Tech