[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Just got my first Arduino board AMA • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

Just got my first Arduino board AMA

Just got my first Arduino board AMA

Postby eric » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

I already have a Raspberry Pi, and decided to get an Arduino to play around with.

Does anybody else have one, or anything?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Re: Just got my first Arduino board AMA

Postby lnrw » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah. I did the first few experiments. My son did the C programming. He's in his senior year of Computer engineering.

I ordered a couple more chips for a couple of projects I had in mind. Next thing I know, my son has all of them doing things for his schooling.

His Senior project is a robot that picks up garbage. So I think he may be using some Arduino there.

Check out nerdkits.

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby eric » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Will do. Ideally a long term project for me would be an automatic cat feeder, that logs the amount dispensed by weight into a database.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby lnrw » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Return to Science/Tech