[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
kindle help • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

kindle help

kindle help

Postby lil bit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am

People kindly provide me with books they've downloaded for me by my favourite authors, but they're all over the place and I would like to get them organised. I need to change the title so the author is on the right, instead of on the left and sometimes even in the middle.

I've downloaded a thingy that's supposed to allow me to do that, but I don't understand it. Well, that's to say I faithfully follow the instructions but it doesn't work.

I had the same problem when trying to work out quadratic equations in school. I certainly came up with answer, but it wasn't the same as the one given in the back of the book.

" Your mind works in mysterious ways, Miss Fielding ", Mr Rixon would say, nastily. Arsehole.

Ideally, I would like someone to do it for me (just as they used to do my quadratic equations) but nobody can be bothered.

After I have posted this , I will edit it and tell you the name of the thingy. Until then, I'll leave you sitting on the edge of your seat biting your nails in anticipation.
'She couldn't help wondering what use Carl had for a double bed in his bachelor establishment' - Rafferty's Legacy -Jane Corrie
lil bit
Senator

Re: kindle help

Postby WizardfromOz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 am

The only program I have ever seen that is supposed to do what you ask is Calibre.

Having said that I have never successfully managed to accomplish what you are trying. The file association system used by Kindle is hopelessly outdated and about as flexible as the Victorian class system
WizardfromOz
Senator

Postby Winchester » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm not entirely understanding what's going on. But if it's a metadata problem one can fix it with Calibre and then send the books to your Kindle via the usb.
Winchester
Governor

Postby lil bit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

'She couldn't help wondering what use Carl had for a double bed in his bachelor establishment' - Rafferty's Legacy -Jane Corrie
lil bit
Senator

Postby OGPhilly » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Hold down the "alt" button and press "F4"
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby Winchester » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby lil bit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Well, I'm just a pack rat. I never throw anything away.

Yes, the problem is that if the title and author aren't in the correct sequence, then the books don't line up nicely.

I've tried to sort that out using calibre, but it doesn't do anything.
lil bit
Senator

Postby lil bit » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 am

So how do I do it?
lil bit
Senator

Postby Winchester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 am

Can you post a pic of your Kindle and how things aren't lining up properly cause I'm still not fully understanding what exactly is going on.
Winchester
Governor

Return to Science/Tech