Is Christianity the answer?

Re: Is Christianity the answer?

Postby re\/o » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:43 pm

John Galt wrote:highest crime rate per capita in the world (all crime) is iceland which is roughly 5x more crime ridden than the US. canada is twice as full of crime as the US. of the G7 the lowest three are Japan and then Italy and the US (which are very close in crime rate, Japan is significantly less). the other G7 countries are way worse than the US. the phillipines, burma and nepal are the lowest. of course, mexico is listed lower than the US, since per this is per capita and ALSO depends on the willingness of local authorties to report the crime but that's what we have for numbers.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... s-per-1000

iceland is 95% christian
italy is 85% christian
us is 78% christian
japan is 57% "unaffiliated" (shinto, really)
phillipines is 84% christian
burma is 80% buddist
nepal is 80% hindu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions_by_country

i'd say there really is no correlation

There are numerous factors that distinguish nations from each other such as: economic conditions, culture, geographic location, type of government, quality of government, etc. I think it would be best to compare the crime rate per capita between various religious people living in as close to the same conditions as possible. For example: it's better to compare hindu's living in the north east of American with Christian's living there.
"Those who are entirely, or close too, conservative/liberal on all issues, are sheep who have not learned to think critically."
rev\/o
re\/o
Citizen

Postby Medius » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:44 pm

exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:Humorously, I wasn't actually intending my post to be a criticism of the prison system in Iceland. I was just giving my immediate reactions to looking it up. It could be that their prison system isn't a deterrent. It could be that people are continuing to commit more crimes while waiting to actually go to prison. It could be that there is less crime in the US because there are exponentially more prisoners.

If you think I'm defending the US justice system, hell no.

How dare you insult Iceland.

You are just trying to throw in with a hellish, deep-north country that is populated by well-educated pretty people. Sorry man, you are Canadian. Maybe in the next life you can be part of the nordic-master-race.
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby eynon81 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:
Medius wrote:Humorously, I wasn't actually intending my post to be a criticism of the prison system in Iceland. I was just giving my immediate reactions to looking it up. It could be that their prison system isn't a deterrent. It could be that people are continuing to commit more crimes while waiting to actually go to prison. It could be that there is less crime in the US because there are exponentially more prisoners.

You are just trying to throw in with a hellish, deep-north country that is populated by well-educated pretty people. Sorry man, you are Canadian. Maybe in the next life you can be part of the nordic-master-race.

can you imagine the downs side? Iceland has fewer people than Colorado Springs...everyone would know you. if you have one bad relationship, nope, you're done....gotta move.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Medius » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:33 pm

eynon81 wrote:can you imagine the downs side? Iceland has fewer people than Colorado Springs...everyone would know you. if you have one bad relationship, nope, you're done....gotta move.

Pretty people don't have to be good at relationships.

These users thanked the author Medius for the post:
Saz
Medius
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Medius wrote:
exploited wrote:

I'm Canadian, but my family is entirely Danish. Nordic all the way. It's just that I turned out like this:

Instead of this:

exploited
Vice President

Postby eynon81 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm

exploited wrote:I'm Canadian, but my family is entirely Danish. Nordic all the way. It's just that I turned out like this:

Instead of this:

my older brother looks like a bald version of Rollo.
eynon81
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Very Conservative

Postby Saz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Medius wrote:
Pretty people don't have to be good at relationships.

Ha! I'm gonna start telling girls that
Ceterum autem censeo Dylan esse delendam
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Previous

Return to Religion