USSC tells Texas "Not in my house, no no no!"

The place for general political discussion.

Re: USSC tells Texas "Not in my house, no no no!"

Postby John Galt » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Philly2 wrote:I can't speak to another country's criminal justice system. I can speak to ours, where people are treated as guilty as soon as they are charged and people are routinely convicted wrongfully. While incarcerating an innocent person for any amount of time is a horrible injustice, if we execute them we can't give them any of their life back when they are found to actually be not guilty.

Allowing women to make their own choices about their bodies and reproductive decisions is absolutely moral and just.

those criticism actually have nothing to do with the punishment but rather the system. the punishment itself is one of the most moral and good things i feel that a government can do

and no it's not making choices about their own bodies, its making choices about other human's bodies. when you get told that the baby has down's syndrome and you decide to kill it, "your body" has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons for your decision, so don't tout that lie that it has anything to do with choices about their own body
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:07 pm

John Galt wrote:
Philly2 wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Philly2 wrote:
Mr.Bill wrote:I'm no fan of abortion. But what gets me is most of the very same people who are against abortion are for the death penalty and are very pro-military and are for us sending troops all over the world to kill anyone who gets in our way.

So abortion is a sin but other types of killing isn't, I guess.. I don't know anymore.

Meh, sentencing someone to death for committing a crime isn't really the same at all as terminating an unwanted pregnancy. And I'm fine with abortion but I oppose the death penalty.

yes, they are not the same at all. for example, capital punishment is moral and just

Abortion is moral and just as well as sound policy. Capital punishment is immoral and unjust, costly and bad policy.

abortion is at best amoral at worst immoral. it's possibly sound policy. capital punishment is so important that lack of capital punishment is actually quite immoral because it reduces the value of life of human beings.

breivik went on a hunger strike because he wanted better more adult games to play, and a more modern video game system; his 21 year incarceration for murdering 77 people is quote "torturous". he deserved death 77 times over and he gets play station instead to pass his sentence where the state which had rejected capital punishment has decided that each one of those people's lives was worth 100 days of breivik's freedom

:))
exploited
Vice President

Postby jimmyz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Nope. They felt nothing at all. Just lumps of cells not worthy of the most basic human rights. Rights like not having to be butchered inside and partially outside the womb. Abortion is immoral and pro-abortionists are vile.

" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby jimmyz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:48 pm

The middle baby felt the scalpel every bit as much as the journalist hostage felt the ISIS knife beheading him.

" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Governor

Postby Philly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Your right to life is predicated on your ability to survive. Your viability. If sustained life is not viable without acting as a parasite to another human being (literally living off of them, inside of them), you only have a right to life should that person decide they want to continue sustaining you.
Philly
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Philly2 wrote:Your right to life is predicated on your ability to survive. Your viability. If sustained life is not viable without acting as a parasite to another human being (literally living off of them, inside of them), you only have a right to life should that person decide they want to continue sustaining you.

Fully developed brain stems and spinal cords Philly. That means fully functioning nervous systems able to feel pain.
jimmyz
Governor

Postby Philly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

jimmyz wrote:
Philly2 wrote:Your right to life is predicated on your ability to survive. Your viability. If sustained life is not viable without acting as a parasite to another human being (literally living off of them, inside of them), you only have a right to life should that person decide they want to continue sustaining you.

Fully developed brain stems and spinal cords Philly. That means fully functioning nervous systems able to feel pain.

Can they live outside the womb?
Philly
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Yes. Look at the size and term of all but one of those pics of the murdered babies. Even ones smaller and earlier in term than them have survived.
jimmyz
Governor

Postby exploited » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:06 pm

I'd say that two trimesters is enough time to decide whether or not to get an abortion. Past that, I think there is a certain obligation to recognize that the fetus has developed enough to warrant protections.

These users thanked the author exploited for the post:
eynon81
exploited
Vice President

Postby Philly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 pm

exploited wrote:I'd say that two trimesters is enough time to decide whether or not to get an abortion. Past that, I think there is a certain obligation to recognize that the fetus has developed enough to warrant protections.

The two trimester limit is based on viability. The fetus is considered viable at that point which is why late term abortions can be outlawed by states per Roe v Wade.

Jimmy, just because something looks like a developed human infant doesn't mean it's viable. Give me more evidence than "look at how formed it is"
Philly
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion