[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Mini 30 or Gunsite Scout rifle? • Page 4 • Gun Rights • Political Crossfire Forums

Mini 30 or Gunsite Scout rifle?

Re: Mini 30 or Gunsite Scout rifle?

Postby The Dharma Bum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 am

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely considering the .22-250. I read a little bit about the round after you suggested it and it sounds awesome. And yes, I've considered the .243 as well. Definitely a strong contender.

I'm not really looking for a varmint rifle. That's just kind of an incidental use that will probably happen. Probably will mostly shoot targets and hogs. Maybe a deer every now and then. Mainly a toy so...

Anyway I'm about to go to the range and shoot my buddies new AAC blackout, I just found out he had gotten it so it looks like I will get a chance to try the new .30 cal AR15 alternative out for myself today.

Maybe I will get a chance to try out the .22-250 as well. They have a pretty good selection of rentals, and there's a gun store right on the range so maybe they will let me try one. Heck I might end up getting both! lol
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Winchester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby Winchester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby Winchester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby The Dharma Bum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:12 pm

The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Actually ended up with the DPMS LR308. Picked it up at the gun and knife show this weekend. Still have my eye on that nice Gunsite Scout, though.

Thinking about getting a .22 next though.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby Winchester » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:05 am

Any particular .22 your looking at?
Winchester
Governor

Postby lnrw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I bought a Savage bull barrel .22 with a plastic stock. $309 brand new off the shelf. It is the best bargain on a rifle or shotgun that I own. Extremely accurate. I wouldn't overlook it.

Lifetime member of the NRA

These users thanked the author lnrw for the post:
The Dharma Bum
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby The Dharma Bum » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

The Dharma Bum
Vice President