[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Gun Control, by Jim Jeffries • Gun Rights • Political Crossfire Forums

Gun Control, by Jim Jeffries

Re: Gun Control, by Jim Jeffries

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:36 am

Don't want a gun, don't get a gun. I want a gun, I got a gun. that's how that works. **==
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby IndependentProfessor » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 pm

He makes the best point about the "guns for protection" argument.

I own guns. A dozen or so. Rifles, shotguns, handguns. Even a really nice .45 that I got from my grandfather (kicks like a goddamn mule, too). I also have 2 children. Guess where my guns are? In a safe. In my storage locker. 5 miles away from my house.

Sure, I initially kept the guns in my house before the kids were born. They were in my closet and in a gun rack on my guest room wall. Unloaded, but the ammo was nearby. And, I even had a loaded handgun next to my bed, with only a zip tie through the chamber to ward off accidental firing.

But, after the kids were born, there was no way that I could devise that would allow me to keep my guns readily accessible for an emergency, yet still safe from the kids. So, the guns went, and the kids stayed.
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby lnrw » Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 am

The brit is being disingenuous. The trend had already been going down for some time before the massacre and it has continued, although Aus has about twice as many guns as it did before the ban. Hence more guns do not equal more crime. Canada's gun crime, death etc. has continued dropping since the end of the long gun registry in spite of the fact that gun ownership is rising by 10% a year.

And US ownership has risen dramatically. So shouldn't everybody be dead?

Lies aren't that funny.

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby lnrw » Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 am

lnrw
Governor

Postby NAB » Thu May 26, 2016 8:53 am

NAB
Governor

Postby lnrw » Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 am

I suppose for the Texans I need to specify that I was talking about within my sphere, area, among people I knew.

Sorry NAB, I should have known.

lnrw
Governor

Postby NAB » Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am

NAB
Governor

Postby lnrw » Thu May 26, 2016 9:14 am